Author Topic: Back Pain  (Read 4106 times)

Offline island dude

• Posting Member
When the ones on here made the decision to wear a bra for support, was the driving factor, movement, or back pain. If Pain was the reason, where was the pain located, upper back, lower back, or breast them selves. 

hammer

Yes!

That is the best way that I can answer your questions. For me it would be all of the above plus neck and shoulder pain as well! Funny thing is though, I will go days without wearing a bra, just because I don't feel like putting one one, and that is where I'm at right now, at the point I need to get one on again!

Bob
« Last Edit: July 22, 2015, 05:28:51 PM by hammer »

Offline island dude

• Posting Member
Thanks for the reply, I'm in the early stage of all of this, and just trying to make since of all input from, the experience on this site. One tries to man up and do the basic stuff, cut grass, bush hog, work a fence, and it's beyond uncomfortable. I think in the beginning, my imagination had gotten the best of me. However the weight of my chest, when on the rebound from a rough spot in the yard made me aware that it was not my imagination. Just grathering information and searching out options. Thanks again for the reply.

Offline Samael

• Posting Member
For me, I was, and still am having neck/shoulder pain when I am not wearing a bra. Also found my nipples are becoming more sensitive recently and having the bra on keeps the shirt from rubbing too much. 

Offline TigerPaws

For me, I was, and still am having neck/shoulder pain when I am not wearing a bra. Also found my nipples are becoming more sensitive recently and having the bra on keeps the shirt from rubbing too much.
A little about sore/sensitive nipples.

More than likely your hormones are highly elevated, while Estrogen is the primary driver in breast growth, Progesterone is what makes them full and round. If your Progesterone is elevated then typically you will feel a distinct "fullness" and your nipples will be very pronounced. Another indicator of elevated Progesterone is sensitive nipples.

Another hormone which can greatly effect your breast is Prolactin which in women is responsible for developing the milk producing glands. In men there is a condition which can directly effect breast development; Hyperprolactinaemia which is normally caused by a small tumor on the
Pituitary gland and needs to be treated.

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
For years I was an avid Backpacker and Hiker.  I found that the jarring I took when going downhill was causing pain in the chest not far below the clavicle..   My Doctor suspected that the "Cooper's Ligaments"  may have become inflamed during a long and steep descent.  I Started wearing a Bra but not always, just on the downhill sections of my wilderness treks.   If a day was going to have both up and down hill segments, I wore the bra the whole day.   It worked well.
I recently turned 78,  I have not made a long wilderness trek in several years though I do still go on day hikes of five to eight miles.  (Each Way)  The bras have improved over the years and the Athletic or Sports Bras do the job very nicely.  
Grandpa Dan

Offline skinny-s

• Posting Member
I had neck and upper back pain along with what I thought were tension head aches.,  I found that wearing a bra 4-5 hours a day relieved the pain. I wear either a  48D or 50C bra.

Offline TigerPaws

I had neck and upper back pain along with what I thought were tension head aches.,  I found that wearing a bra 4-5 hours a day relieved the pain. I wear either a  48D or 50C bra.
Ok (warning sarcasm coming) Loose a some weight, when you get to a 38" under your bust line, we will find many more bras are available to you. Some are very nice. 

Offline expedient-traveller

• Silver Member
Upper back aches mostly for me. Lower back aches when I was leaning over trying to hide my "assets". Very sensitive nipples when not wearing a bra. Work shirts rub the nipples too much. Am now enjoying a leisure bra.

Offline TigerPaws

Upper back aches mostly for me. Lower back aches when I was leaning over trying to hide my "assets". Very sensitive nipples when not wearing a bra. Work shirts rub the nipples too much. Am now enjoying a leisure bra.
A little warning, rough shirts will chafe your nipples, interestingly making them even more sensitive, sometimes showers hurt. 

Offline Justagirl💃

• When life gives you curves, Flaunt them! 🤗
When the ones on here made the decision to wear a bra for support, was the driving factor, movement, or back pain. If Pain was the reason, where was the pain located, upper back, lower back, or breast them selves.
Pain was mostly in my neck/upper back. 
I was getting hot packs almost daily to address the pain as well as Tylenol. 
The nurse finally told me my neck pain was due to the unsupported weight of my chest. The clinic measured me at a D cup and started my journey in "support". 
That was quite some time ago, and things have changed significantly since then. 🤭

I won't go into detail, but my username says it all. 😉
When life gives you curves,
flaunt them! 💃
💋Birdie💋

Offline blad

I have had back pain, but likely more due to posture and has been controlled with the right exercise and stretching.

My main reason for wearing a bra is basic comfort by controlling the annoying movement and awareness that my unsupported breasts give me along with eliminating boob sweat. Even at the computer desk, my breasts just seem awkward and get in the way if I am braless. A testament to how well a bra works to control my boobs is that I mostly forget I am even wearing a bra vs a constant awareness of them if I was braless.

A side benefit is that I find a much greater acceptance of having boobs while wearing a bra.
If the bra fits, wear it.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024