Author Topic: Bra fitting - it's a matter of opinion  (Read 5666 times)

Offline Johndoe1

IMHO style and material is just as important as size. Style has all to do with support given since you want the cups to mold to the shape of your breasts to provide solid lift and to give containment to your breasts. Incorrect style can lead to poor support and containment. The material used can help provide proper support and containment and comfort as well. Particularly in summer. 
Womanhood is not defined by breasts, and breasts are not indicative of womanhood. - Melissa Fabello

Offline Sophie

• Silver Member
OMG John, you are sooooo right about material and style. Our breasts are very sensitive to temperature fluctuations. In the summer, boob sweat is real and so s the struggle to manage it. In this case, unlined bras, with a 3 piece cut and sew style cup with lace panels are my best friend in the summer. I wear nipple petals to keep my high beams from becoming a distraction. 

In the cooler months, I wear either a spacer style which is a lightly lined bra, a lined underwire or even a push up bra. These bras keep the girls warmer and keeps.me from nipping-out.

As a woman, I also say that a good bra is the perfect marriage of function and fashion. My top that I choose to wear is dependent on my bra I choose to wear and vice versa. I will usually bring a few different tops with me when I am bra shopping. It gives me the opportunity to try like 15 bras with a few different tops. I am very confident with my purchase that it will not only fit right, but it will look right. 

♥️Sophie♥️

Offline Zaphod B

• Posting Member
Good points but  also think that our breasts develop differently in shape to females  and most of us are not as full higher up our chests. Full cup bra styles can be a problem for me as I fill the bottom of the cup but leave space higher up. You can down size cups and bands or look for demi cup and plunge styles.  Our breasts still need  support and containment but you just need to find the right bra style .
Therein lies the problem.  A bra size chart places me fully into a 42C.  Molded cups don't work because I fill the bottom nicely but there is space left at the top.  Also, most wire free bras don't work because they don't do anything with the underarm boob so I don't fill the cups.  Underwires take care of that but, again, they have to be a soft cup, not molded.  Once you get past a 40 band, anything smaller than a C cup is hard to find, because women seldom need that size. Bali Lace Desire does have a 42B but I can wear my wife's 42Cs when I want to wear something pretty.  So, after years of trying different bras, my choices are soft cup underwire (harder to find than you think) or pullovers.  Hanes Cozy is the best I have found in a pullover. I just ordered 2 more to replace some older bras.

Offline AlfaQ

• Posting Member
I must admit that I am not a fan of molded cups because they scream fake to me. Try demi cup or plunge bras and have you tried smaller band sizes?  Bras do stretch with wear. I am lucky to have a narrow chest at 35 inches and wear both 34 and 36 bands.  Here is a pic of me in a 34C. I think it fits really well but I  am not going to pretend that I am really a C cup!

Offline Evolver

I will usually bring a few different tops with me when I am bra shopping. It gives me the opportunity to try like 15 bras with a few different tops. I am very confident with my purchase that it will not only fit right, but it will look right.

♥️Sophie♥️
That's a really clever thing to do and it's a shame that more people don't.

One thing I notice on the Her Room website when I have an occasional browse there, is that there is a function that allows you to superimpose different styled tops over the bra. This is really handy in my opinion because it allows the customer to 'try' different tops and bras virtually.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024