Author Topic: Feminine bras  (Read 11798 times)

Offline Busty

I like how I feel and look in a bra.  It is more comfortable that going braless.  I feel more confident knowing my breasts look shapely, lifted, high, full, and round.  Plus it is a more polished look than braless.

Offline chestyoldman

• Silver Member
Bustymale,
I know what you mean.  Even though my breasts are not all that large, I still feel more comfortable when I'm wearing a bra.  I, too, like the way my chest looks when I'm wearing a bra versus being braless.

Offline dbweb

• Bronze Member
Many will say wearing a bra of any kind is feminine.  I say that if you have breast needing support, a bra is exactly what you need, and if you choose something that is a bit more stylish than plain, so be it.  You are the one wearing in, choose what works for you and go with it. 
As you can imagine, most of the new styles are not plain, as the majority of the market is looking for style and function.  We large breasted males are only a small fraction of the market for bras, so doubt our preferences really change things much(I am just glad to find more vendors that carry the larger band sizes that I need)
Bottom line, if the bra fits and adds the support with comfort that you need, buy it, wear it and if it is fancier than what your wife wears, bonus. 

Offline TigerPaws

Many will say wearing a bra of any kind is feminine.  I say that if you have breast needing support, a bra is exactly what you need, and if you choose something that is a bit more stylish than plain, so be it.  You are the one wearing in, choose what works for you and go with it.
As you can imagine, most of the new styles are not plain, as the majority of the market is looking for style and function.  We large breasted males are only a small fraction of the market for bras, so doubt our preferences really change things much(I am just glad to find more vendors that carry the larger band sizes that I need)
Bottom line, if the bra fits and adds the support with comfort that you need, buy it, wear it and if it is fancier than what your wife wears, bonus.
While I have never had or want a wife, many of the Ladies I date have given me somewhat fancier and more feminine bras that I would have purchased for myself. Some fit well and are very comfortable others, well not so much.

If a Lady has a preference then who am I to tell her no, after all I am not modeling them for a magazine. With rare exceptions and only for women bras are worn as underwear, which means under another garment and no seen.

So what what feels comfortable, if it is hot try a sheer bra, try a push up some are surprisingly comfortable. For those who need a lot of support an underwire bra is usually more comfortable.

Wear what feels good, only you will know what that is.

aboywithgirls

I couldn't agree more. I recently posted about my new experience with minimizer bras. They are both surprisingly thin lacey material, almost sheer. I was nervous about nipple concealment but, the headlights are not that obvious. 
I believe that all bras are inherently feminine. They are made for women's breasts. We aren't modeling them for a magazine, we simply wear them for comfort and support covered by a shirt. Wear whatever is comfortable. 

Offline expedient-traveller

• Silver Member
I tried a lot of bras before I tried an underwire bra but the underwire gives me the support I need and is a lot more comfortable than I would have thought. It does uplift a bit and pushes my "assets" out a bit (46C) but no one has said anything negative about my breasts. I have had complements about them and gotten the "envy eye" from flat chested women. However, the important thing is comfort and support and the underwire, in the right size, is just what I need and if it is lacy and all "girly" looking...so what. Like some of my brothers have stated, "We are not running around in just our bras, they are under another piece of clothing." Zei gezunt (Be well).

aboywithgirls

I tried a lot of bras before I tried an underwire bra but the underwire gives me the support I need and is a lot more comfortable than I would have thought. It does uplift a bit and pushes my "assets" out a bit (46C) but no one has said anything negative about my breasts. I have had complements about them and gotten the "envy eye" from flat chested women. However, the important thing is comfort and support and the underwire, in the right size, is just what I need and if it is lacy and all "girly" looking...so what. Like some of my brothers have stated, "We are not running around in just our bras, they are under another piece of clothing." Zei gezunt (Be well).

Exactly! Our bras are for us! Who cares how feminine or masculine they are. I feel that if you are sticking to the black, white, or nude sports bra, you're missing out on  benefitting on being comfortable. Women have different bras for different occasions. I have sports bras, but mostly traditional, underwire bras. I had stuck with moulded cup bras for the most part. However, I recently purchased a couple of underwire, unlined, minimizer bras. The cups are lacey with some lace trim but very comfortable and reduce my projection enough so I can notice a difference. 

Offline sofa

• Bronze Member
I recently tried a underwire bra.  Note its a very plane bra. I noticed it actually seems more comfortable than a wireless bra.. Seems on wierless bra the bands are more noticeable feeling while wearing? I am still only wear my sports "Moving Comfort Vero" mainly just when exercising.. I have tried wearing the underwire bra for a day. Seems much better comfort wise.. I did try exercising in it to see if it provided the same support as my sports bra, while it provides more than going without one they move more than with my sports bra. My wifes not ok with all day wear and to it is not really 100% needed for all day I think with me. I work from home and don't work active labor so they really don't get moving much tell i start exercising. It does get very annoying when driving the bounce and jiggle. I try to not think about it and im normally good.. My wife still does not want anything to do with the bras or know when I wear one.. She is I guess ok with me wearing them for excersize to a point  but its the kind of thing she does not want to know or talk about it.,. She did get me a compression shirt a while back.. While it reduced the bounce a tiny tiny bit it still hurt when walking so i went back to the sports bra.  I wanted to get another sports bra basically that's a no. First one I got I did not understand cup to band size to band size, and had to large of a cup. The vero I have which is 40A 38B the very fits good.  I have what I have and I have to deal with what I have I am trying to to wear it out.  Hopefully this is as large as they every get..  But once I get older and my T levels go down who knows?

aboywithgirls

There's good news and bad news the good news is it's between your legs doesn't determine what you wearing your chest. The bad news is you probably will get bigger and the need for bra will be greater.
I'm sorry your wife feels that way about you wearing a bra. Wearing a bra provides comfort and support as well as a little modesty.
I'm in a 36G now. It's not comfortable or practical to go braless no matter how feminine it looks. 

Offline sofa

• Bronze Member
There's good news and bad news the good news is it's between your legs doesn't determine what you wearing your chest. The bad news is you probably will get bigger and the need for bra will be greater.
I'm sorry your wife feels that way about you wearing a bra. Wearing a bra provides comfort and support as well as a little modesty.
I'm in a 36G now. It's not comfortable or practical to go braless no matter how feminine it looks.

Yah 36G is a tough pill to swallow and good for you.. I hope to get back in shape so I will not have to deal with much medication when im older which sometimes can attribute to it.  Mine were caused by my pituitary gland not working correctly when I was a teen, at about 16 they kick started it with testosterone injections but the damage started.. My mom brought me to the DR after I had severe pain in my chest, and had no arm pit or facial hare LOL. Basically I had very very very low testosterone.   However about 18 years of being slightly over weight seems to of increased the actual tissue because of the estrogen issue with fat. I lost 30 pounds last year and while some of the fat that was mixed in my chest was burned away of course the tissue which I can feel under did not.. So I did not even go down any real cup size at all.  However my band size did decrease which was good fit wise. My sports bra is overly tight right now I had to add extenders. I am working on losing more weight but now I am 20 pounds up from last year :(  She I think would be more understanding if say I was in the  C, D or DD range.. Shes a 42DD.. So mine are very small compared to hers ~38B. :P She never really goes without a bra on. I think on a daily basis right now every day use is not needed for me, I guess because I rarely wear one its sorta uncomfortable to wear one all day. :)  Walking outside for an hour is ok at a smaller band size back when I was like 185 it was more comfortable 

Offline expedient-traveller

• Silver Member
Sofa: I wear an underwire all day at work. I drive a mint 1995 Ford F-150 with a very heavy duty suspension, meaning...every single bump I hit my boobs bounce. Without the underwire bra I would be in a lot of very serious pain at the end of the day with chest and upper back muscle strain. I am a humble 46 C/D and work in the HVACR industry where we are on hot roofs, confined spaces, behind or above or next to boilers and etc. I have had hot items between my breasts at various times and a bra saved my boobs! I used to get "plain Jane " bras but no one is going to see your bra, it is under another piece of clothing. Besides, some of the most comfortable bras are a bit "frilly" but they are COMFORTABLE!!! Get what fits well and feels good to your breasts.
As a side note, no one has ever commented negatively about my boobs. I used to squash them so no one could tell I had boobs but I wear a lifting support bra that does not hide my breasts and it feels a lot better than smashing your boobs flat. I do get looks of envy more often now from flat chested women. That is a serious "trip" and as strange as it may seem, it makes me a bit proud of my breasts. I guess it is a guy thing...mine are bigger than yours sort of thing. Anyhow, be well! Zei gezunt!!

Offline TheDane

• Posting Member
Well, I think I am one of the biggest breasted guys on the forum and I go days and even weeks without a bra! The biggest problem I deal with is the rash under the breast. I do get pain but it doesn't compare to my back or leg pain so maybe I'm not a good testament!

I do prefer to wear a bra, I just go through periods of time that I don't want to. It's just a guy thing, I'm sure you would understand!

I go thru similar epsiodes of not wearing a bra. For reasons of my own.  I dont experience shoulder pains unless i work out w/o a bra on, i have severe sciatica and some major damage to my left shoulder so those pains are worse.

Back on topic, if the garmet is comfortable wear it. Myself, I find it harder everytime to find a bra the fits, functions and looks decent.  Normally my bras fit and function, looks not so much.  Find myself tossing out bras that have stretched out and no longer work. So buying new ones is a challenge.

My turn to sports bras are from MC fineform, Fiona, and Luna.

Offline walt

• Gold Member
very nice bra I just wish the wife would let me get one like that she only allows me to get pull over type bras. otherwise she has a cow over it that I just do not understand.

Offline nepa151

• Posting Member
I have always said, "If the bra fits, wear it". I do have bras that are somewhat 'frilly' and have some lace trim, but they are comfortable and that is most important. I do like the look of the 'feminine' bras now and then as long as they give me the fit and support that I need. Being a full 36D, I go for comfort first and style second.

aboywithgirls

I have always said, "If the bra fits, wear it". I do have bras that are somewhat 'frilly' and have some lace trim, but they are comfortable and that is most important. I do like the look of the 'feminine' bras now and then as long as they give me the fit and support that I need. Being a full 36D, I go for comfort first and style second.
That's really what it's all about. Be comfortable both physically and mentally. A bra by nature, is going to be feminine. Sometimes the more feminine style bras are also functional.  Lace cup and sheer bras are very breathable and are cooler to wear in the summer months. 

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024