Author Topic: Perfect fitting bra?  (Read 661 times)

Offline Johndoe1

With respect to everyone..

Why I go racerback!
For me, it's the challenge! There's nothing like the feeling and look of a properly adjusted strap lifting up the girls! I am aware of the tugs on the straps as the girls attempt movement within the cups in response of my movements. It's the confidence of knowing the bra is doing it's job, supporting, lifting, shaping and containing my bust. That's why I am wearing it to start with. Physical comfort and appearance. 
Womanhood is not defined by breasts, and breasts are not indicative of womanhood. - Melissa Fabello

Offline blad

Although I generally forget I am wearing a bra for much of the days activities, the occasional reminder from the straps tugs or the bands snug fit is a positive feedback that I appreciate wearing a bra daily.
If the bra fits, wear it.

Offline Justagirl💃

• When life gives you curves, Flaunt them! 🤗
Although I generally forget I am wearing a bra for much of the days activities, the occasional reminder from the straps tugs or the bands snug fit is a positive feedback that I appreciate wearing a bra daily.
Yesterday's top required a 'strapless', and my strapless bra is the wrong band size after weight loss. I wore it yesterday and kept falling out of it. It was quite frustrating. I definitely knew I was wearing a bra yesterday!

The bra will go into the charity bin, and I ordered a new strapless bra at Torrid. 

If your strapless fits well, you will also forget you are wearing a bra. Yesterday just wasn't one of those days. 

Birdie 💝
When life gives you curves,
flaunt them! 💃
💋Birdie💋

Offline Parity

• Silver Member
I feel like it's time to join in on the topic.  I've been traveling the last month and am catching up. 

A perfect bra for me is one that has the ability to hold, while conforming to, my breast shape.  I'm uneven as most women are and that's okay.  the right bra for me, or my go to, is most often my Wacoals.  They shape me well, are comfortable for all day and are light weight.  I feel we all have our favorite based on our breast shape and the activities to be done for the day.  Mine shape my chest to a nice rounder and not so in your face, I have BOOBS.  They are there, however in the end I'm a man with breast and am living as such. 

I do enjoy the fact that I am in control of the shaping I can do.  The fabrics and designs is something I do enjoy.  I do so enjoy a well fitting and attractive bra.

Offline Sophie

• Silver Member
Parity,

Thank you for that reply. Yes, the "perfect fitting bra" is not necessarily always the "perfect fitting bra". 

The bra may fit your girls and your body perfectly. However, how does your top fit over it? Does the bra make your girls pointed or rounded? Are your nipples projected through the cups? Are your straps visible?  Is a racer back bra more appropriate? Is a strapless bra more appropriate? Does the color or pattern show through your top? Is a breathable lace cup bra more appropriate for a hot, humid day? 

There are so many considerations in picking out the "perfect fitting bra". Many of these may not apply to many of you. They are just considerations that I apply every day. 

Hope you guys all have a fabulous day!

♥️Sophie♥️

Offline Justagirl💃

• When life gives you curves, Flaunt them! 🤗
Yes, today the perfect fitting bra could be a number of bras off my rack, but today I am wearing a T-shirt with 'cut outs' exposing my bra underneath. 

I would love to wear my hot pink one, but the centre might say something so I chose my mermaid bra instead. The colourful mermaid shells on black will be visible but not stand out TOO much. 😊

Offline Parity

• Silver Member
That's right Sophie.

I feel I put on the perfect fitting bra every day.  Everyday its a different one.  Many days I have to change to a different style for the activities at the time.  Perfect fitting isn't limited to how one fills the cups rather how it shapes and holds for the look and activity of the moment.  In the summer I can go sheer without nipple covers or a nice spacer bra.  I feel a little show isn't bad.  In the colder months its a spacer bra with covers and or a more padded bra.

Bottom line for me is achieving the look and comfort needed for the day.  My perfect isn't yours.

Don't forget mood.  Many days based on my mood the color and fabric dictates the bra of choice.  Pick one, enjoy it and go about the day.

Offline Parity

• Silver Member
Yes, today the perfect fitting bra could be a number of bras off my rack, but today I am wearing a T-shirt with 'cut outs' exposing my bra underneath.

I would love to wear my hot pink one, but the centre might say something so I chose my mermaid bra instead. The colourful mermaid shells on black will be visible but not stand out TOO much. 😊
Good for you!

I have a hot pink one and I do like the fact I know its there and it makes me happy.

Offline Evolver

• Gold Member
Just thinking...

Surely, the perfect fitting bra is the one that you forget you are wearing? 😉

Offline gotgyne

Just thinking...

Surely, the perfect fitting bra is the one that you forget you are wearing? 😉
Exactly. So it is. This happened often to me for some time.
A bra is just an article of clothing for people with breasts.

Offline Johndoe1

The bra may fit your girls and your body perfectly. However, how does your top fit over it? Does the bra make your girls pointed or rounded? Are your nipples projected through the cups? Are your straps visible?  Is a racer back bra more appropriate? Is a strapless bra more appropriate? Does the color or pattern show through your top? Is a breathable lace cup bra more appropriate for a hot, humid day?

There are so many considerations in picking out the "perfect fitting bra". Many of these may not apply to many of you. They are just considerations that I apply every day.
Oh, Sophia, you are so right! The bra dictates the top not the other way around. And that's why I spend the time (several minutes) to make sure the girls are happily and  correctly encased in my bra before I even pick out the top. Because if the bra is not right and the girls aren't right, you'll never get the top to look right causing eyes to end up where you don't want them. And being to the point of not being able to easily (if at all) hide my chest I do what women do because that's all I can do with two mammary mounds projecting off my chest. The prep time I spend in the morning helps insure of not only my physical comfort but my mental comfort as well. A lesson I learned from two close female friends. 

Offline oldguy

• Silver Member
The bra may fit your girls and your body perfectly. However, how does your top fit over it? Does the bra make your girls pointed or rounded? Are your nipples projected through the cups? Are your straps visible?  Is a racer back bra more appropriate? Is a strapless bra more appropriate? Does the color or pattern show through your top? Is a breathable lace cup bra more appropriate for a hot, humid day?

Oh, Sophia, you are so right! The bra dictates the top not the other way around. And that's why I spend the time (several minutes) to make sure the girls are happily and  correctly encased in my bra before I even pick out the top. Because if the bra is not right and the girls aren't right, you'll never get the top to look right causing eyes to end up where you don't want them. And being to the point of not being able to easily (if at all) hide my chest I do what women do because that's all I can do with two mammary mounds projecting off my chest. The prep time I spend in the morning helps insure of not only my physical comfort but my mental comfort as well. A lesson I learned from two close female friends.
Summer is here and it's in the 90's.  I wear a sports bra with a thick and loose t-shirt.  Actually, everything is loose, after being down 50lbs.  I am walking 2.5 miles, everyday.  I generally walk our neighborhood.  It is a 2-5 acre subdivision, so I can get in a walk without running into many people.  Yesterday I visited with a lady, who we have known for over 30 years, that was out walking.  I noticed she was glancing at my chest.  I thought I had it pretty flat.  At least as flat as I can.  Then I got home and looked at the bathroom mirror, it was clear that one of my straps was showing.  They are close to my neck, but I thought my t-shirt collar would hide them.  The shirt was pretty much soaked, so that maybe another issue.  I need to walk much earlier.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024