Author Topic: Dr Fielding  (Read 66494 times)

Offline mtlgyno

• Bronze Member
Hey man you must feel good being on the "other side"! Glad it went without too much complications..

Did he charge you for the extra lipo? Did he show you how much gland he removed?

Offline lamp

• Bronze Member
I took a nap and I feel a bit of pain from the sugery. My arm movement is a bit limited from being raised and my left side seemed to of leaked fluid or bled a bit. I feel good but, I cant wait for the soreness to be gone! I think I'll take one Tylenol for now and relax.

Offline hatey

• Posting Member
Congrats lamp. Hope you have a smooth recovery. I'll be joining you in the recovery club soon enough  :)

Offline Darth Menace

• Bronze Member
Glad it went well, and I hope the recovery goes smooth too.  Honestly, I think i'd rather be out cold then sitting through it. 

Did he charge you for the extra lipo?

Offline lamp

• Bronze Member
Oh sorry I didn't answer your questions. He didn't charge for the lipo, it appeared he was more concerned about the outcome of the contour so he told the nurse he changed his mind and told her lipo was going to be done and to get the machine. Thanks for the support guys. I will try to get some 1 week post op pics. when I can.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
lamp...

Congrats on your surgery dude....  I hope your recovery goes well... Just be patient my man... It will take a while for your chest to recover...

GB...
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline Grandpa Bambu

Hey GB,

I'm not talking about final results here, but when can you start doing cardio? I guess it must suck sweating heavily in that compression vest.

Also, can you resume leg workouts? Arm workouts? Anything but chest is what I mean basically. I'm not looking forward to being inactive, I have army physicals and conditioning tests coming up, I want to be in great shape!

Consultation on Monday! Hopefully there's a date nearby so I won't have to wait too long hehe!

Hey mtlgyno...

Sorry that I didn't reply sooner... I see that some of your questions have already been answered...

Cardio and leg workouts should be okay... Just avoid any upper body workouts for at least 3 weeks... Even then, take it easy and listen to your body... If you feel any pain/discomfort what-so-ever, stop and give it another week...

Best thing to do for the first three weeks of post op is maintain a good clean diet and go for long walks every day... ;)

Let us know how your consult goes...

GB...

Offline mtlgyno

• Bronze Member
Alright guys, consultation tomorrow.

My train leaves Montreal at 10:26, and I'll arrive in TO at union station at 3:47 PM.

My consult is at 5:45. How far is the walk from union station to his office? I'm probably better off taking the subway right? Anyways after that I'm staying at HI-Hostel on church street, and heading back the next morning at 9:30 AM.

I hope I'll only have to do this once more (for when I get the surgery) and that I'll be able to do the follow up on the phone or whatever. Because hotel + train back and forth + food, etc. Starts to add up pretty fast!

Offline mtlgyno

• Bronze Member
Hey mtlgyno...

Sorry that I didn't reply sooner... I see that some of your questions have already been answered...

Cardio and leg workouts should be okay... Just avoid any upper body workouts for at least 3 weeks... Even then, take it easy and listen to your body... If you feel any pain/discomfort what-so-ever, stop and give it another week...

Best thing to do for the first three weeks of post op is maintain a good clean diet and go for long walks every day... ;)

Let us know how your consult goes...

GB...

Thanks for your reply man. I'll let you guys know

Offline hatey

• Posting Member
Alright guys, consultation tomorrow.

My train leaves Montreal at 10:26, and I'll arrive in TO at union station at 3:47 PM.

My consult is at 5:45. How far is the walk from union station to his office? I'm probably better off taking the subway right? Anyways after that I'm staying at HI-Hostel on church street, and heading back the next morning at 9:30 AM.

I hope I'll only have to do this once more (for when I get the surgery) and that I'll be able to do the follow up on the phone or whatever. Because hotel + train back and forth + food, etc. Starts to add up pretty fast!

My reply is too late, but yeah DEFINITELY subway or cab. Walking from union to Jane/Bloor would be killer.

Offline lamp

• Bronze Member

as you can see the bloodstain on my left side from the first day, none other bleeding so far. flexibility improving but limited to a certain extent. itching on my chest and under the vest has increased. ive also noticed im starting to gain fat fast since i wont be active this week.

Offline hatey

• Posting Member
Thanks for the update... and dang that vest looks uncomfortable... is it really noticeable under a t-shirt?

Offline lamp

• Bronze Member
its getting quite uncomfortable. but the fact my chest is getting less sore everyday makes up for it. i can now flex my chest without discomfort but i cant really reach high with my arms. its a bit noticable but ive been wearing sweaters mostly. and its not really noticeable with it either.

Offline mtlgyno

• Bronze Member
Back from my consultation. Lots of positives, a few negatives.

Positives: Leslie the receptionist and Dr. Fielding have got to be some of the nicest people ever. The consultation went fine, Dr. Fielding explained everything he had to, I asked a few questions and that was it. He said I clearly have gynecomastia, and to quote him, I have "two large rocks under there". I'm glad in a way, because the plastic surgeon that did my lipo 6 months ago said I barely had any gland, that it was mostly fat. I should've never listened to him and gone straight to Dr. Fielding. I'm putting this surgery on my Visa and I don't even have the funds. But I'm just so sick of these "rocks" that I don't care. Another positive, they received a cancellation that same morning, so my surgery date is coming up soon, October 13th!! I'm pretty stoked about that part.

Now for the negatives: I will have to go under general anesthesia. I will have to stay in the hospital overnight. And the most disappointing of all is the price. After reading up a lot on what you guys got as quotes by Dr. Fielding as well as in other Dr. Fielding threads, I was expecting something lower. The surgery is going to cost me 4100$. Plus the back and forth train, plus food and hotels, plus this trip for the consultation (back and forth train, food and hotels) will total almost 5000$. I'm not even going to think about adding that up to what I just payed 6 months ago for a surgery that didn't even get me results. Oh well, like I said I just want to get this over with.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

Back from my consultation. Lots of positives, a few negatives.

Positives: Leslie the receptionist and Dr. Fielding have got to be some of the nicest people ever.

x2...

Another positive, they received a cancellation that same morning, so my surgery date is coming up soon, October 13th!! I'm pretty stoked about that part.

Wow... approx 2 weeks!!!! Awesome dude... :)

Now for the negatives: he most disappointing of all is the price. After reading up a lot on what you guys got as quotes by Dr. Fielding as well as in other Dr. Fielding threads, I was expecting something lower. The surgery is going to cost me 4100$. Plus the back and forth train, plus food and hotels, plus this trip for the consultation (back and forth train, food and hotels) will total almost 5000$. I'm not even going to think about adding that up to what I just payed 6 months ago for a surgery that didn't even get me results. Oh well, like I said I just want to get this over with.

The reason that you are paying more than others is that QC residents do not get a break from Provincial Heath Care...

GB...

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024