Author Topic: Oct 19 2009  (Read 5534 times)

Offline Travelbum

• Posting Member
Relax!  The swelling comes with the surgery.  I am now almost 4 weeks post op and I still have swelling.  Not much, however, but it still is there.  The day of my surgery and the eighth day after were my most painful days.  Don't ask me why the 8th day hurt when day 2-7 didn't but that is the way it went.  I guess everybody is different.  However, you have better days coming so hang in there. :-)

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Joe...

As I mentioned in my email, there's no need to get nervous dude. You are going to be swollen for a few weeks. You will also be in a bit of discomfort for a while.

Sounds to me that you are trying to do too much, too soon. Just chill out give your body some time to heal. No heavy lifting and no reaching above your head.

Many guys think that they can have the procedure one day and then they are 'good-to-go' the next. Well... it just doesn't work like that. Even though your case was minor, your chest was cut into and a part of your body was removed. Surgery is surgery, no matter how minor my man. Your body will need several weeks to heal up...

Did JCF say that you had to go back to St. Joe's for a post-op check-up?

Anyways dude, just try to relax and don't worry about it... It does get better!  ;)

GB...
« Last Edit: October 25, 2009, 07:50:30 PM by Grandpa Bambu »
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline joeblow

• Posting Member
Update still swelling on both sides left is way better than right
Too much soreness still and uncomfortable sleeping on stomach which I'm most comfortable doing any sugesstions
Well I'm really annoyed thAt it's still sore and I can't sleep on my stomach and that my right side looks as though thAt I have an A size breast hopefully it subsides soon and I can move on

Offline Grandpa Bambu

Joe...

You are just 6 days in my man...  It's still early days. You need to give it another 2-3 'weeks' (not days) for the discomfort/pain to 'start' to subside.  Be patient dude!

A sleeping position suggestion...  Yeah, sleep on your back.  That's what the rest of us had to do.  I know it's not easy, but it's what ya gotta do...  ;)

As I mentioned above, recovery will not happen in mere days dude...  It will take 3-6 months for your body to heal and to see final results. Many PS's will tell you to wait a full year before passing judgment on surgery results. However most guys will see near final results between 3 and 6 months.

GB...

Offline joeblow

• Posting Member
Check out "Surgery Success Stories" and I will write up an update about my progress and my surgery experience....I went to Fieldings today and he drained more than 10 cc (ml) of blood ...I suspected I had a hematoma and was right. So I guess to whoever has "a lot" more swelling on one side than the other after surgery, then it most likely is a hematoma. If your not sure it doesn't hurt to go see your surgeon just to make sure its not. Well anyways im going to post my story on surgery success stories...later days

Offline Travelbum

• Posting Member
Hey Joeblow,
How are you doing?  Has the swelling gone down now that it has been drained.  Keep us posted we are all concerned.

Offline joeblow

• Posting Member
The swelling on my right side went down immediately after it was drained.
My only issue is that it still puffs out...he didn't drain 100% of it and said it would absorb on its own. So i'm basically doing the waiting game.

And also on my left side, it still puffs out my nipples. Around my areola there is a small mass behind it that make my chest looks as though I have a gland on it. I'm assuming this is scar tissue but i'm still not 100% satisfied with the result. Im going to have to play the waiting game until I fully evaluate the final outcome. Thats pretty much the hardest part right now, waiting. We'll im going to hit up the gym real soon to start working out again

Offline Grandpa Bambu

Im going to have to play the waiting game until I fully evaluate the final outcome. Thats pretty much the hardest part right now, waiting.

Yeah, not much else you can do but be patient and wait...

GB...

Offline Grandpa Bambu

i'm still not 100% satisfied with the result.

You have to have 'Realistic Expectations'...  In most cases, results will not be 100% perfect.

Give it more time though dude... I'm sure it will be close to what you had hoped for...  ;)

GB...

Offline joeblow

• Posting Member
Hey GB,

ya I do have unrealistic expectation but I think I will be 100% satisfied once I give it time because it still early in my recovery. Its hard to be patient but thats what im doing now. I'm right now 85-90% satisifed with the results. That a pretty high percentage lol. We'll im going to give it time and keep myself occupied with other things, I don't need this taking up to much of my "think tank" as I have much things going on in my life at the moment. We'll thanks for all your support. I will do my best to keep ya'll updated!

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024