Author Topic: Best Decision EVER! 2 months post-op (w/ pics)  (Read 4999 times)

Offline Cant_Believe_It

• Posting Member
Hey guys... I just wanted to let you know, having the surgery done was the best decision I've ever made. It's only been 2 months, and it has already changed my life... Now I can wear a T-shirt, so I've been going to the gym a lot, and dieting... I've already lost 25 lbs since the surgery. I look wayyy better, and girls are taking notice. I've been dating a lot recently, and man it feels SO great to have a girl rip my shirt off and not try to stop her. It feels so good to have her hand on my chest, and not feel uncomfortable. All my clothes fit and look 100% better.. Actually I had to buy new ones, because the old ones were too big. Plus I don't have to dress to cover it anymore.

I do tell girls what happened though, but I say it was just extra skin from being really fat and losing a bunch of weight, which is only half true LOL. It's all good though.

Also now I don't mind taking off my shirt, i started seeing a chiropractor, and he's fixing my upper back problems... Plus I have better posture all the time now.

The only messed up part is that even though my insurance gave the go-ahead originally to have the surgery done, now they are denying my claim.. but it's weird because they already paid the anesthesiologist and pathologist, but they wont pay my surgeon and her assistant. They are fighting it though... Really I'm not too concerned; even if i DID have to pay it out of pocket, it would be totally worth it... And it would only be like $4k, and i could make payments.. Which  is awesome, because I don't have good credit, and couldn't get a loan, and it would have taken me 6 months or more to save up that kind of money.. I make about 60k a year right now, but have a habbit of blowing money lol.

Anyway, I still have about 40 more lbs to lose, but I will get there by summer probably. I already look and feel 100%, and my mental health has changed. I wasnt depressed before, but now I am so much less self conscious. I want to try swimming again soon, I havent been since I was a kid! I want to go to water slides too, it would be a blast.. Something I never thought I could do again!

Also, I think my surgeon did a very good job, but not PERFECT. I might need a little more lipo on my right side to match the left, but seriously I'm not too worried about it right now. Really I think it's a lot to expect perfection, especially on the first time, with a surgery as drastic as mine. Also it was more difficult for her because I was pretty overweight, and she had to leave some fat to match my other areas. I will focus on losing weight and wait a while before I even think about revision, it might turn out about perfect by itself. I'm already happy with the job she did.

I had it done by Helen James in Bellingham, WA. Now I just hope the fight goes well and it gets approved by insurance, but atleast she has held the bill in the mean time, so I can pay off my deductable on the other ones. :D

The only other problem I had was that my anesthesiologist didn't put my apartment number in their computer, and was getting their mail returned so they sent a bill to my parents house! I don't even know how they got the address.. But then my mom  read the bill and freaked out, cause I hadnt told her about the surgery. She just thought I lost weight lol. But I told her about it, so  I guess its good that she knows anyway, I just didnt feel like i had to tell her, and especially like that. She thought i must have been ill or something. But it's all good though.

I love life right now :D.

Offline pancakes

• Posting Member
Great result! My case is also very similar to yours and I can't wait to have surgery!

Offline Cant_Believe_It

• Posting Member
Hey dude... Sorry I didn't get you pics sooner, like I said I would. Remember, we were talking right before I had the surgery done.

Anyway, I hope you have a great experience. Let me know how yours goes too. When are you planning on coming to the states?

Offline pancakes

• Posting Member
No idea yet man as I still have to fix the financial stuff. I'll keep you posted.

Offline masked_1

• Bronze Member
Congrats brotha looking good! Im in your position too im almost at one month post anr am anxious to start working out.

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
my insurance gave the go-ahead originally to have the surgery done, now they are denying my claim

Unfortunately, this is not all that uncommon.  Insurance companies are not your friend.  They demand that you pay your premiums on time (or they threaten to terminate your coverage) but then try to get them to cover anything, including something they have already approved, and you find out that they have denied your claim.  They play games like this all the time.  It is called delay, delay, delay until you throw up your hands in frustration and go away -- then they have won.

FRUSTRATING!!

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline shaknbake

• Gold Member
my insurance gave the go-ahead originally to have the surgery done, now they are denying my claim

Unfortunately, this is not all that uncommon.  Insurance companies are not your friend.  They demand that you pay your premiums on time (or they threaten to terminate your coverage) but then try to get them to cover anything, including something they have already approved, and you find out that they have denied your claim.  They play games like this all the time.  It is called delay, delay, delay until you throw up your hands in frustration and go away -- then they have won.

FRUSTRATING!!

Dr Jacobs

Dr. Jacobs, how can they get away with that!?  I would assume that they would send some sort of confirmation regarding coverage of the procedure, how could they legally re-nig on something like that?  I'd sue their ass off if that ever happened to me (as long as I had written pre approval as proof).  The tax man, lawyers and insurance companies.....you know what I'm thinking, so I won't even say it. >:(

Good luck to you Cant_Believe_it  I hope it all works out in the end.
Shakenbake baby, SHAKE N BAKE!!  Ya, that just happened.

Offline art

• Posting Member
Looking good! Sorry to hear about your insurance woes. My insurance agreed to pay for the gland excision, but not the lipo, which is very odd because they are both needed to get satisfactory results. Oh well, it's been two months since my surgery, and havent seen a bill or denial letter, so I'm hoping I got lucky with the insurance paying for some of it.

Offline corvette09

• Bronze Member
Looking good brother.. It feels good being able to purchase the correct size shirts right? Keep up your diet and workouts and the results will just keep on getting better. Good luck..

Offline pancakes

• Posting Member

Offline getmeoutofthis

i have to have something similar, will the scars fade?

Offline xelnaga13

I can relate with the insurance company contacting your parents by mistake. I live on my own, and too save money I stay under my parents insurance. I can't tell you how many times I told my insurance company of my new address. They still sent all my approval paper work to my parents house.

Offline HellandBack

• Bronze Member
I can relate with the insurance company contacting your parents by mistake. I live on my own, and too save money I stay under my parents insurance. I can't tell you how many times I told my insurance company of my new address. They still sent all my approval paper work to my parents house.
Yea I got a similar situation and i get tired of my folks getting my doctor mail, they don't need to be worried with what's going on with me. Couldn't imagine if they saw something about surgery  :D Anyway just wondering how you get all that stuff mailed to you? Just let your insurance company know?

Offline xelnaga13

[/quote]
Yea I got a similar situation and i get tired of my folks getting my doctor mail, they don't need to be worried with what's going on with me. Couldn't imagine if they saw something about surgery  :D Anyway just wondering how you get all that stuff mailed to you? Just let your insurance company know?
[/quote]

I wound up getting it from my parents. They still continue to send my documents to my parents house. I cannot resolved it no matter how many people I speak with.

The paper work that my parents go was really technical in nature. All my parents understood was it had something to do with breasts. After I explained everything to them they confessed they were just happy it wasnt a sex change like they understood it to be. LOL.

Offline darioswampy11

• Posting Member
how much the surgery costed you bro >

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024