Author Topic: Cause of my Gynecomastia  (Read 831 times)

Offline Jts324

Hi everyone,
I am new to gynecomastia as I have recently developed it. I am 33 years old and noticed it about 2 and a half months ago.
I am looking for causes and some hope in regards to solving some issues. 
My first thought is alcohol and poor diet causing my body to produce more estrogen than it could eliminate. 
I have been a somewhat heavy drinker for the last 6 years or so. Before that it was mostly binge stuff. I have had periods of drinking a few beers per day and periods of only drinking on weekends. I would say somewhere between 40-60 units per week. Or 10-16 beers. 
I have had the following blood tests. CBC, CMP - both normal range for everything. 
Cholesterol was high ldl 136 and triglycerides were 98. 
Total testosterone 519 (done at 10am) doc says I should have done it earlier. 
Total Etrogen, 158
Other things to consider, just recently had our first child and am in a doctoral program plus work full time. So I am under a lot of stress and constant anxiety. Not sure if this can contribute. 
I did have an ultrasound which came back clean, no issues at all. And also a Fibroscan of 5.2 which put me in the "no" fibrosis area.
I was wondering if it is possible that all of these things combined have caused my issue? Is it possible for me to lower my estrogen naturally? Doc wants to retest me in 30 days to see if it goes down with abstinence. 

Thank you in advance.  

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024