Author Topic: Dr. Kattash?  (Read 1515 times)

Offline crossfit99

• Silver Member
Hey everyone! New to the site, but have been lurking a while and contemplating gyne surgery since I was 12-13 when I began dodging each and every pool/beach/anything with you're shirt off party! I train hard 3-5x a week, watch what I eat yet I'm always the last one to take mh shirt off and the last to get out of the water because my chest.

Anyway I am in so cal and have been doing a lot of research on docs down here. I first went to dr kattash for a consult and it seemed good. Hes not board certified but has a lot of experience and claims to have done a lot of male breast reductions in his time. His pricE was really nice, 4k out the door.

Today i went to dr Corbin. Long story short the lady quoted me 8700, 6500 because there were opening then 6 if I could deposit 1k today...told her I'd have to discuss with wife etc...called her back to see If they could meet half way at 5k and she said no chance, got a bitchy demeanor and threw out the fact kattash wasnt board certified..yet when I asked Corbin what all went into the board cert he basically said board cert docs could possibly operate in a hospital where as non cert surgeons couldn't. They seemed to have their nose in the air about the name Corbin.

All the reviews in find online about kattash seem good (hard ro find make reviews) and the pics on his site all look ood. He made itbsound like a simply procedure and everything would be just fine...I m stressing over money and would like some reassurance. A buddy of mine had the surgery by a doc that he described to be similar to kattash, but cerTified and had great results. Don't wanna pay 2k more JUST because of a cert, I just want a surgeon that is caring and talented...any advice would be appreciated...

Ps sorry about spelling and grammar this was done on my ipad ;D

Offline crossfit99

• Silver Member
Bumpin for feedback, on a PC now.. I apologize for the horrible post above.

I was trying to cram as much info as possible, but in almost short hand because I hate typing that much on my iPad lol...

Anyway, I more-less would like feedback on the whole 'board certified' deal. When Dr. Corbins ladies (that felt more like used car salesmen) were talking price, they were selling the fact he's board certified HARD. -- Like I said, during the consult I asked Corbin what all went into getting certified and he didn't make it sound like a huge deal other than it looked really good on paper.

Credentials are cool, but all I truly care about is quality. Dr Kattash has 20+ years of experience and from the few pics I have seen (in males) he does quality work. The majority of his schooling was over in the UK, but I don't think that's a bad thing? It's just hard to digest the 2k+ difference in price JUST because one is board certified, and the other isn't. Dr Kattash's staff was way less snide, didn't push to get any kind of deposit and mentioned (when I showed signs of hesitation) that he will always stand by his name, so IF something was to go wrong he'd definitely fix it. -- I am not so much worried about something going wrong as I am just not being satisfied with how it LOOKS (I am paranoid they won't remove enough fat and/or gland).

Can annnnnyone chime in here? I know a lot of you guys went through this same back-and-forth thinking. Thanks again!

Offline crossfit99

• Silver Member
Really? Not a single person can chime in on the main differences between being board certified vs not being board certified?

If I posted this in the wrong section, I apologize; I just wanted people to see it and figured G-Talk would be the most viewed...

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024