Author Topic: Had Surgery on "active" Gyne  (Read 1494 times)

Offline fguss01

• Bronze Member
Hi All,
I have been a poster on here for around 2 years I think, my gyne was kicked off after a very short course of drugs (5 days) which skewed my hormone panel for a while (E2 at top of range and low normal T).

Things settled down to midrange E2 (80 on a scale of 10-160) and low normal T (14 on a scale of 8-40). I tried Tamoxifen which stopped the early growth but my endo was not happy with this as a long term solution  - which I agree with.

Gyne carried on growing slowly so after waiting a couple of years had the surgery just over a week ago - so far so good.

Too early to tell whether I will get any re-growth, getting plenty of post-surgery twinges and pains but these seem to be par for the course - curious to hear from anyone who has been operated on with actively growing gyne either via this forum or via PM.

Thanks and good luck to all,
Fguss01

Offline Zenxer

• Bronze Member
  • Mm.. Donuts
It is very very unlikely the gynecomastia will come back, especially if you waited a few years to finally get the surgery done. Dr Fielding in Toronto said only 2-3 of his patients have had it come back, and he's been a plastic surgeon for 20+ years.

Don't worry mate, it'll be fine :)
My surgery was done on Oct 20th, 2014 by Dr. J. Craig Fielding in Toronto, Ontario.

Offline fguss01

• Bronze Member
thanks Zenxer, here's hoping!

Offline Bobby - LAgyne

• Gold Member
Just to be sure and on the safe side, I would be under a endocrinologist supervision for a while with periodic tests.

Good luck,
---Bobby

Offline fguss01

• Bronze Member
Thanks for the advice - I am scheduled to see the endo who has been with me right through this on the 27th and I will be asking for the usual E2, Test, LH, FSH, PRL panel.

Will post back with the results......

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
If your gyne was related to use of drugs -- and then the drugs were stopped --then usually the surgery will be definitive.  In situations such as you describe, I have never had a recurrence after surgery.

It is always safe to get an evaluation by an endocrinologist -- but I will bet that your hormones have adjusted back to their "normal" state by now.

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline fguss01

• Bronze Member
Many thanks for the reply Dr Jacobs.

The jury is out on the cause of the gyne it was either triggered by the short course (5 days) of Domperidone that caused a 6 month spike to my PRL and E2 or else it was caused by normal age related decline in the andro/estero blance - guess we will never know.

I have never used steroids etc and drink moderately and am at my ideal weight so I am hopeful that the surgery will arrest the development although I know there are no guarantees.

Will post back once I have the bloods results.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024