Author Topic: Just Emailed Mom  (Read 8920 times)

Offline gynoland

Hey Jack..Dont give up man!! Its always hard for parents to understand these stuff.. Just don't get your morale down.. In the end you will be happy than anyone

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
[quote author=Dr. Pope link=topic=17632.msg123535#msg123535 date=1243274863]
Hey, pretty soon you'll be Jack18, and then you can do what you want...[/quote]
that's pretty funny.  but it's also true, and if your parents are unresponsive and uninterested in figuring out what gyne is, it's probably the best thing that could happen to you. 
* a man is more than a body will ever tell
* if it screws up your life the same, is there really any such thing as "mild" gyne?

Offline Jack17

• Bronze Member
Hey guys.

Saw the surgeon today. Went really well!

Thanks for the advice so far, everyone.

Offline Jack17

• Bronze Member
Well when I went to my general physician a few weeks ago, and he had no issues with it, my dad said he'd go with me to see the surgeon.

From all my research, this surgeon is the best around. He says he does about 50 gynecomastia surgeries a year (been in practice since 1992), most of the other doctors I've emailed only do like 15-20 a year.

So the surgeon took some pictures, examined the tissue, talked about how it would work, and what I should know. Dad asked some questions, the doctor handled them really well, and that was pretty much it. He charges $5800 for it. I've got some quotes for $5000, but my better judgment says splurge for the extra $800 and go with the best.  The doctor and the receptionist asked if I wanted to look at dates, I couldn't because I need to get the final approval from mom (she was most resistant to it, so I'll cross my fingers), but as we left the office dad told the doctor, "I'm sure you'll see us again", which was a good thing to hear. haha 

Offline chaps69

• Posting Member
OM,GAWD!  I am so poud of you and so scared at the same time.  I so hope she supports you in this.  I was never able to talk to my mom or my doctor about this.  I will be there for you dude, let me know if you want me to talk to her, I've lived with this for over 20 years and my life is so fucked up mby it.  I have travelled all over the caribbean/med and have never taken my shirt off cause I don't think I am worthy.

My heart goes out to you and hope she can too.  If she is a hard ass, let me know because I will share my story with her.  If she only knew, she would in a split sec.

Best of luck

Offline Jack17

• Bronze Member
When I met with the doctor, he said that after a week he lets his patients take off the compression vest and just use under armor.

Today when I got home from school today, dad had bought me under armor.

That's his way of saying “I've talked to mom and you can do it”.

;D   

Offline BadCaseGyno

• Bronze Member
For some reason, I never had any problems telling my parents. I wasn't embarrassed enough to keep it from them. My case is more severe than yours, and I've only had it for a year. My dad (and endochronologist) said that surgery is a good idea if it is bothering me. My parents have the money, but my Mom wants me to wait it out. Since I am in a show choir during the year (which means changing in front of both guys and girls on a regular basis), it is going to be hard to keep this condition hidden much longer. I've also been advised that my case is so severe that its doubtful it'll go away on its own. I'm going to bring surgery up with my parents again this week, hopefully they will agree to it.

Good luck to you, hope your surgery goes well.

Offline Jack17

• Bronze Member
July 1st is the day. Just put my deposit down.

;D

anonymous1

NICE!!! Man I am so happy for you.  Its a great feeling and it only gets better from here.  For the first few days it will be so surreal, to look down and not see any man boobs or things to embarrass you.  Ok Jack, you have 1 month, start running and doing some pushups, that way when you come out after surgery you'll feel even better, and you won't be able to do much/any exercising for 4-6 weeks anyway, so why not start now?  Good luck Jack!

Offline willy27

• Bronze Member
Congrats jack!

Offline Jack17

• Bronze Member
I feel like this thread is becoming like my personal blog, sorry.  :P

But I bought a t-shirt on Thursday, and I put it on this morning. It was too tight at the chest, so I threw it aside as I've done to many shirts before it.

I'm so pumped that I won’t have to do that any more in two weeks!  ;D   

illuzionz23

congrats man... honestly, im jealous  :P

https://forum.gynecomastia.org/Themes/Gaming-Nation/images/post/xx.gif
Has anyone emailed Dr. Karidis, or have you guys mostly called him?

Started by Cellar_Door on U.K.

2 Replies
Last post: April 25, 2009, 07:19:17 PM
by
Cellar_Door

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024