Author Topic: To the Londoners...  (Read 2093 times)

Offline STILLgotIT

• Gold Member
  • Finally gyne-free
I'm watching the news on the London bombing. Sorry to hear about your misfortune and the lives that have been lost. Tell us what its like over there right now.

Offline doddy

• 06/04/2005.
I don't actually live in London, about 40 minutes away. Both my father and sister work in London however. There was a real rush this morning to try and get through to them, but mobile phone networks had been closed down to try and prevent remote detonations.

In the end my dad was in his office, and I got through to my sister's office who had been in contact with her. She was in the underground when it got evacuated, and then on a bus which got evacuated too.

All is fine though.
etc.

Offline serg

• Silver Member
Thank you for your good wishes. It's especially sad that we as a city had such a high yesterday with winning the oylmpics, followed by the barabrity that occured this good morning.

They can strike, but London is still standing proud.

Minitits

I was close to the area of attack, but fortunately I had travelled to London the afternoon before and stayed over, so I was safely in an office when the incidents took place. It was still too close though - I shall remember that for about two hours there was the continuous sound of sirens.

Soon back to normal though for those of us not directly affected - my condolences to any here who were.

Kinda makes having a pair of breasts seem like not much of a problem, doesn't it ?

Offline allbah

• Bronze Member
on behalf of all the decent muslims in the world I give my deepist condolences and support to the people of London.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2005, 09:32:52 AM by allbah »
one can never prepare to win a war, but one can prepare not to be defeated.

Offline jc71

• Wilma, grab the lotion, we're going to the beach!
Yeah, I feel for all you London guys out there.  I remember getting woken up early one morning on September 11, 2001 and told to turn on my TV and saw commercial aircraft flying into buildings that I had personally been in (2 years before).  Scary stuff.  

We got through it and London will too.

Us Americans have had no greater friend in times of both war and peace than the British.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2005, 06:51:12 PM by jc71 »

Minitits

My thanks to our freinds around the world who have stated their outrage at this atrocity which is not only against the citizens on my country but carried out in blasphemous support of one of the world's oldest and finest religions.

I hope there is no backlash against the Muslim community here in UK - I have many good friends who are truly to this faith. In the UK we pride ourselves on being open-minded.

May common sense and human decency prevail !

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024