Author Topic: Medical solution  (Read 2473 times)

Offline MaxMax

  • Posting Member
  • *
  • Posts: 6
I've heard about some drugs which might me an alternative to surgery in order to reduce or to get rid of gynecomastia? There are, for example clomiphene (citrate), tamoxifen or testolactone.
Has anyone gained experiences with those or other drugs. Are there any medical studies about this topic?

Offline skyhawk

  • Gold Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 257
Don't get your hopes up. I have been investigating this for a long long long time, and to date, I have not heard of any cases where these drugs have resolved gyne. Im not saying it hasn't happened, but have yet to hear of it working.

Offline jc71

  • Senior Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1658
  • Wilma, grab the lotion, we're going to the beach!
I've been on these boards a while now and the topic has come up several time.

I've never heard anything positive.

Offline Paa_Paw

  • Senior Moderator
  • Senior Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 4779
The most promising report is that the Medications work for a very small number of carefully selected patients. Even then the treatment needs to be done under the watchful eye of a doctor competent in this area. Presumably this would be an Endocrinologist.  The Medications require a prescription. Attempting to self medicate could make things worse.

The bad news is that I have not actually heard from a single person with a reliable report of success.
Grandpa Dan


SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2023