Author Topic: my case it seems its a bit out of control?  (Read 3270 times)

Offline mark44mag

i have dealt with these things most of my life and has always limited my love life. Is my case really bad?

i provided different views for different perspectives.

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Welcome to the forum.  Here you will find an abundance of information about gynecomastia and a host of sympathetic brethren.

As for your inquiry, you have provided very minimal information provided about yourself and not the greatest photos.  Yet, it does appear that you have a mild to moderate case of gynecomastia.

Feel free to ask additional questions on the forum.

Dr Jacobs

Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline twoshirts

• Posting Member
I just had surgery three days ago.  My chest was very similar to the pics you posted.  My surgeon pulled out a lot of breast mass.  I am 35....don't wait much longer. Do the surgery, live a better life.

Offline xelnaga13

@ Op- Lots of guys come on here asking how bad their gyne is. The only one that can answer that is you. Some guys care a lot and some guys dont care at all.

Offline Mark123

• Posting Member
I honestly didn't think about taking pictures of my chest before the surgery, but I had mine all through high school and just finally got the surgery done 3 weeks ago tomorrow. With a shirt on, My chest looked like I had large female breasts. Luckily I didn't have too many people say anything directly to my face, but I knew it was probably the first thing people noticed about me.

Like others have said, It all comes down to what you can tolerate. If you don't really care, then you can live with it, but if it bothers YOU, then you should try and do something about it.

Good luck

Offline mark44mag

well they don't really bother me, just other people don't but i just feel i shouldn't get a surgery to satisfy the wants of normal society

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
If they don't bother you, then do not have surgery.  Only you can decide if the problem is sufficient in scope to merit an operation.

Dr Jacobs

Offline mark44mag

well most men would do that but i really rarely let others thoughts and feelings to deter my life. so i can deal with them, i'm sure you can get to a point where the heft of them could bother me pain wise but so far i function normally with no pain at all

Offline Alchemist

• Gold Member
well most men would do that but i really rarely let others thoughts and feelings to deter my life. so i can deal with them, i'm sure you can get to a point where the heft of them could bother me pain wise but so far i function normally with no pain at all

Hi Mark,

well most men would do that

Of the over 100,000,000 men in the USA that could be estimated to have gynecomastia, over half of all men cumulatively by the time of death, 5500 last year had surgery compared to the 2,000,000 or so onset.  Almost nobody gets surgery.  Most of it is an aberration in the past decade.  Less than a quarter of 1% of onset each year get surgery.  Don't feel pressured to get surgery by what you think anybody else thinks. Good luck.  I choose the body acceptance route via nudism and getting rid of body shame after junior high and high school were hell.

Offline mark44mag

I feel the surgery is a bit un needed for one i could never afford it if i wanted it. I'm perfectly fine with my body, i may have boobs but i'm still happy. Just some girls i have went out on dates rarely had a 2nd date cause they couldn't be able to be with a guy with boobs like them, because i am bigger than some girls out there and i guess thats just a turn off to them. It's ok though i am enjoying life everyday, people just can't handle it!

Offline Alchemist

• Gold Member
Hi Mark44mag,

Just some girls i have went out on dates rarely had a 2nd date cause they couldn't be able to be with a guy with boobs like them

I had no problem like that at all back in the 60s.  Either they never saw my chest until quite a few dates in and we liked each other, then it didn't matter, it didn't over-rule the person they knew me to be.  Or I was skinny dipping with them and they had already seen it all before saying yes or no on a date. If I were not in a great relationship now, I would probably only date nudist or willing to become so, women.  It gets rid of so much nonsense.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024