Author Topic: newbie question  (Read 1960 times)

Offline mike4581

I'm sure glad I found this site...it looks like gynecomastia is what I have...I have been worried abbut this since I was 13. I am now 44. When I was around 13 I noticed a hard lump under both my nipples and I have been avoiding it since. I have also been avoiding seeing a doctor because i was afraid I had some rare condition.This has been on my mind for a long time.
Is it safe not to treat this?
Thank you

Offline Raider Fan

• Gold Member
Yes, it's safe not to treat it.  It's a benign condition. 

Offline Fatboyslim

• Bronze Member
    • Running For My Existence
Same story here. I am 49 and just had surgery 2 week ago. That "hard lump" was glandular tissue that was actually the size of a golf ball when removed from me The doctor made a very small ~1" incision under each nipple to remove it. I also had lipo to remove the rest of the fat from my (former) breasts at the same time. Recovery is no problem.  :)   

Offline mike4581

Thanks for the reply...I will continue to do research on this and make a decision if surgery will be an option.
Thanks again!

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Hey Mike...

Welcome to the club my man...

Yeah, as Raider Fan pointed out, G is a benign condition. It is purely a 'cosmetic' issue. Being a 'cosmetic' issue, it's the reason why most insurance companies deny payment for correction.

I had G reduction surgery when I was 41. I'm 47 now... Almost 6 years of being G-Free... ;)

Hehe, you thought you were the 'Only One'... most of us do... I did. Actually, G is a very common condition. You could actually say that it's 'normal'. If there is a 'normal'... For most though, G is not the 'ideal'... So they get surgery and carry on with their G-Free lives...  ;)

If you have any other questions, don't hesitate to ask dude...

Cheers!

GB...
« Last Edit: December 07, 2010, 04:27:53 PM by Grandpa Bambu »
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline mike4581

Thanks GB!!
You wouldn't believe how relieved I am..to go all those years worried and wondering...did you go through all the being worried and not telling anyone?

Once again I am so happy to find this info so I can move on and enjoy life.

I will definitely be back to ask more questions after I spend some time reading on the site.
Thanks!!

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Mike...

Hey, no problem dude...

Yeah, it's a huge weight off the sufferers shoulders/mind to learn that the condition has a name, is correctable and that you are NOT ALONE...

Yes, I spent 31 years suffering in SILENCE... :-\   I didn't know what or why... I was much too embarrassed to talk with anyone about it. I couldn't even bring myself to discussing it with the family doc... I just hid it as best as possible. Although, 'D' cups are not easy to camouflage...  :P

I'm glad for you that you found the site and will now be able to make an educated decision on which course of action to take...

Enjoy the site...  ;)

GB...

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024