Author Topic: Torn about what to do  (Read 2946 times)

Offline jaja

• Posting Member
Hi, I'm in the Military and now that I have some money to spend..I'd really like to get this surgery done although with my career field (security forces) I can't just take leave whenever..and it's normally hard to get leave that is scheduled on the scheduled date...If I was to get the surgery on the start of a 3 day break..but then return to work..in which I carry about 30lbs of gear on me..my helmet..vest..m4..ammo..etc..would it be to painful? or would it mess up the surgery completely? I would def wear the compression vest under...and to people who have had the surgery already how bad is the pain?...and how bad is the swelling after the surgery...would wearing this gear make me more suceptable to saggy skin? I beleive i have a severe case of male gynecomastia...I had a consultation and they said I would need to have lipo done...I've read that that cases severe swelling...I guess what I really want to know is how long did you guys take off before feeling up to going back to doing whatyou were doing pre surgery?

Offline morpheus11

• Silver Member
from all the accounts I've read, I wouldn't expect to do heavy lifting, or even moderate lifting for a whole month. 

think about it, you're going to be pretty bruised and swollen.  I would imagine that your chest is going to feel like you just went through the heaviest, hardest chest workout ever. which means some pretty bothersome soreness.

good luck. 

Offline jaja

• Posting Member
30 lbs isn't exactly heavy lifitng

Offline jaja

• Posting Member

Offline looseSHIRT

• Silver Member
if you think you have severe gyne, Lipo wouldn't work.. but excision would.. means you will have stitches that might open up when you lift something. When I had my surgery I had the luxury of a couple of months for recovery. But better ask a doctor. first, Check their reputation and experience on Gyne. Goodluck...

Offline jaja

• Posting Member
There's  2 pics, disregard the markings...just took off tape used to hold em down : /

http://imageshack.us/g/585/dscn0117w.jpg/

Offline Pooz

• Silver Member
I'm Security Forces also, hua.

The military will pay for your surgery, if you didn't know. I plan to get my surgery done on the 31st of this month. From what I understand, I doubt you'll be able to do any work for at least one to two weeks.

Offline looseSHIRT

• Silver Member
Its not that severe.. but by the looks of it you have gyne and I think can only be fixed by surgery you can buy compression shirts for the mean time... so you can hide it.. rather than putting tape.. I know it hurts when you remove it... its only around 29 USD .. good luck mate!

Offline sawyer

• Silver Member
There's  2 pics, disregard the markings...just took off tape used to hold em down : /

http: //imageshack.us/g/585/dscn0117w.jpg/

very similar to mine..
but from what i've heard, you won't even being lifting your arms above your head, let alone 30lbs.

Offline jaja

• Posting Member
how long can you not lift your arms above your head?

Offline calibrn

• Posting Member
whats the story with the taping. are those huge pieces of tape u use?

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024