Author Topic: TSA  (Read 2568 times)

Offline davidinno

• Posting Member
TSA
Has anyone had any problems with the TSA when preparing to fly?  I am reluctant to wear what i usually do (a pullover-type bra) for fear that they will see it on the xray machine.  But I guess guys with bad gyne who do not wear anything for it could also be singled out because of what the xray would show.  Just wondering if I'm obsessing about nothing.

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
You are worried about nothing.

My wife, on the other hand, goes through hell at every entry to an air terminal. She has had both knees replaced and the metal detectors go crazy.
Grandpa Dan

Offline Chicago

• Silver Member
I refuse to go through the "puff" machine so I always get a pat down. I just keep the bra in my carryon and change in the bathroom (for the flight). 

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
I have many patients who fly to New York for surgery -- and have never had anyone mention a problem with TSA screening.  remember, even with the sophisticated scanning machines, they are looking for metal or anything suspicious.  A cloth vest or binder is certainly not suspicious.

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline greatlakes

• Silver Member
I always say "opt out" when forced to go through a full body scanner (not the xray). The pat downs are not really bad at all.

Offline Chicago

• Silver Member
I always say "opt out" when forced to go through a full body scanner (not the xray). The pat downs are not really bad at all.

Just in general or with a bra/support garment on?

Offline greatlakes

• Silver Member
just in general.  The run the back of their hand down your body (chest too). 

Offline kwl04

• Posting Member
I flew into New York and had zero problems. Just tell them you had surgery if they ask. You're never going to see those people again and they see all kinds of stuff everyday, so that won't phase them.

Offline Chicago

• Silver Member
I took a plane ride over the long weekend. I always opt out of the body scanners. On one of the legs of the flight, I had a sports bra on. Got the pat down or whatever you want to call it. no comments, no strange looks.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024