Author Topic: What's worse?  (Read 2837 times)

Offline SoooTiredof-IT-

• Posting Member
      Someone who spends tons of time working out to try to do something about their condition or someone that only complains about the condition without trying to do at least some kind of efford to minimize the severity of the condition?

Let's be real!!!!! Honest answer please.

Offline SoooTiredof-IT-

• Posting Member
     I do have in mind the skinny individuals and the people that just dont have the time to workout but... all of those that can afford to have time to lift weights , run , swim, etc... why they dont try to hide the condition with some extra muscle tissue or losing the extra pounds?

Offline flex1appeal

Working out and being muscular doesn't hide the problem at all. I am a bodybuilder and have never had more than 10-12% bf. Even now and I don't compete anymore. At my heaviest and best condition while having gyno, I weighed in at 215lb at 6% bf. I could see it even more than when I was off season at a weight of 235-240lb at 12% bf. Concept of working out to hide one's gyno condition sounds great in theory but isn't realistic.

Offline Mr_Nip

• Had expensive surgery... Now I'm flat busted!
The question has the implication that those who don't work out are lazy and should not inquire about their gyne.   Working out is good, but I know some pretty lazy people who work out daily.  Gyne is caused by the body's hormones working in the body to give it women's breasts.  Muscle growth is an entirely different process.  Working out is done for either enjoyment or to build/tone muscle groups.  It is not necessarily for everybody.  Some people work hard in their jobs and/or play hard in their other recreational activities and don't work out either because they don't "get into it" or "don't have time for it".    My wife works out regularly because she enjoys it.  I'm starting on a program now to start making the best of my new surgery results.   I had no real interest in it before BECAUSE of my gyne.  
MR. NIP

I come from nowhere
And you should go there.
Just try it for a while.
The people from nowhere always smile.  -  Frank Zappa

Offline GodWasAngry

• Silver Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1! And it loves me!
Complaining is never the answer. if you tried or didn't try to correct the situtation and you still have nothing to do with it.. don't complain about it, please.
now if the question was asked about these 2 types of people:
the ones who try to do something
or
the ones who do not try to do something

then the answer would be a little more difficult, although i think anyone who could do something about it, should.
i, for example could work really hard and persuade my parents to help me out money and support wise and get the surgery but honestly it seems like too much work... i hate my gyne but i can't ignore the risks and disadventages of surgery (money, time, energy, problems in surgery, etc..)

i guess its just a question of how much it bothers you.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2006, 04:19:10 AM by GodWasAngry »

Offline SoooTiredof-IT-

• Posting Member
   Gracias ( Thanks) for all the answers.

So working out does acentuate the condition .... so if someone  gets the surgery done he still gonna be left with a muscular body , not a skinny one or overweight one. I aint probably making my point clear but what I'm trying to say is that what most people suffer is a low selfestem problem. Working out give us some kind of confidence in ourselves, it give us the control of the appearance of our bodies.

Offline flex1appeal

Yes, working out DOES give you more confidence. Just in different ways. It DOESN'T take away your self consciousness about having gyno. You still feel like anyone else who has it. And lets be honest here, there are no magic cures for gyno. So try as you may to do something about it, the only way you'll get rid of it is thru surgery. PERIOD. So a lazy person is in the same boat as someone who works out or tries a quick fix remedy to rid themselves of it.

flex

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024