Author Topic: Telling my girlfriend  (Read 4511 times)

ilikegrapesoda72

So, last night; I told my mom. It went pretty well and she understands alot of it. She says we will go see my peditrition about it. She also told me that she will help me through this, and if we can; have surgery if it is indeed a problem.

However, I need to tell my girlfreind this somehow. I am sure she will still love me for who I am, shes the sweetest girl you will ever meet. I'm just not sure how to tell her... I mean, on the internet, phone; or in person?

I'm not quite sure, any ideas on how to go into this? If it helps I am 15.

Offline gabbyhey

• Gold Member
The best way to talk to anybody about anything is in person.  It may be easier over the phone, or easier over the internet, but you get the best outcome usually in person.  There's no better way to communicate.  She'll still care about you.  Don't worry about it.  Good luck.

Offline Spleen

What is there to tell?  No need to make a big deal out of it.

Offline Bolognianips

• Silver Member
Why even tell?  If she hasnt seen you with your shirt off etc, just wait untill it happens.  If she notices or something just tell her you hate your nipples/chest and you indend on working out your "baby fat".  I dont think, that as young as you and as young as your girlfriend is, that telling her that you have an abnormal growth of what is essentially female breast tissue would be a good idea.  If you have an operation stay away from her while the major brusing etc is evident, then make sure you make an effort to appear to be working on getting in shape etc...  So eventually you can just downplay that you had to procedure at all, by just saying no matter how much you worked out you couldnt fix a certain aspect, and had it corrected.  Anything beyond that just make sure you refer to it as "fat" I definately wouldnt go into the issues of hormones and glandular tissue, it might be a little too much to grasp by somone just exploring their sexuality.

Offline adam_f

• Posting Member
To be honest my girlfriend said that she never noticed the problem at all!! we met 4 years ago and have just had our first child together and have been an item for over 3 years.

If she cares about you just tell her that you suffer from Gynecomastia and that lots of other people do as well. You have tried working aout and its not working so you have spoken to your parents about it and you are looking into surgery as an option.

If she is worth holding on to then she will be supportive. If not I hate to say it but your better of without!!

Not that I want to sound nannyfied either but I do hope that your parents know that you are on here as I wouldnt want anyone to get accused of talking to a minor about things like surgery! Remeber that we are only voicing our opinions!

Let us know that outcome though.

ADAM_F

Offline macho

• Bronze Member
i agree with spleen,, its no beg deal. no need to tell her ..

Offline merle

• Gold Member
  • Author, Psychotherapist, Consultant
    • Merle James Yost, LMFT
So much for being vulnerable with the one you love. If you can not talk about this with your significant other then why are you with them? The point is to share what is important to you and hurting you. That is a big part of what being in a relationship is about. Support, comfort understanding.

Merle
Demystifying Gynecomastia: Men with Breasts
The first book on Gynecomastia

My newest book: Facing the Truth of Your Life is very relevant to members of this forum. It could save you a lot of unnecessary pain and time.

Book books are available on Amazon. FTTOYL is also available through your local bookstore or on Audible or iTunes.

Offline mmaman

• Silver Member
Do not tell your girlfriend.  You are fifteen.  You probably think you will be with her forever but high school relationships don't last that long.  The first thing that she'll do after you break up is tell everyone.  Once you tell her you can never take it back.  IMO

Do not tell her

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024