Author Topic: Has anyone been happy with lipo only?  (Read 4431 times)

Offline stevo_333

• Posting Member
I've had two consultations and both surgeons have told me I only need lipo, as it's a pretty minor case. I've seen many people on here that have been unhappy with lipo only so i'm going to ask for gland removal as well. Can you tell if you've got gland? i've seen posts saying you can feel the gland as it's quite hard or lumpy, but I can't feel anything like that. That's the only reason I didn't just say no straight away to lipo only.

They both seemed like they knew what they were talking about, so i'm a bit uncertain on what to do. So if there's anyone who's had lipo only and been happy with the results let me know, cheers.

Offline 15ineedhelp

• Bronze Member
I've had two consultations and both surgeons have told me I only need lipo, as it's a pretty minor case. I've seen many people on here that have been unhappy with lipo only so i'm going to ask for gland removal as well. Can you tell if you've got gland? i've seen posts saying you can feel the gland as it's quite hard or lumpy, but I can't feel anything like that. That's the only reason I didn't just say no straight away to lipo only.

They both seemed like they knew what they were talking about, so i'm a bit uncertain on what to do. So if there's anyone who's had lipo only and been happy with the results let me know, cheers.

If its just fat that dont have the operation......
Just go to the gym......run and lift weights......
dont risk the scar if you dont have to.

Offline equium

• Bronze Member
I have a minor case, had lipo only on May 3rd but i still have pointy boobs. I think that although it is a minor case, there's a tiny amount of gland which is pushing my nippples out, making them look like pyramids! So i'd say get excision done if you have any operation. Also, clinically, do you fit the bill for having psuedo-gynecomastia: overweight, normal size nipples etc
If you have puffy nipples, that's really the tell-tale sign for having excess glandular tissue there. I have puffy nips, so am hoping for an excision under the NHS once I see my PS for a 6 month review in November.

DrBermant

Liposuction Is Great for Sculpting Fat

When gynecomastia is from fat, liposuction works very well for contouring the chest.  I have seen many patients from other doctors who tried to use liposuction alone techniques that left gland behind that the patients just did not like for Revision Gynecomastia Chest Sculpture.

Here is an example of Revision Surgery after Liposuction alone.   Here is another revision after liposuction alone.

The problem is picking the right method for what actually is that patient's problem.  That is why I prefer my Dynamic Technique that permits what I find during surgery to guide my sculpture.

I have also seen patients with channel problems between remote access sites and the areola / nipple.  Scars, adhesions, and depressions can look terrible.  Check out the lateral (side views) and posterior oblique (side from the back views with and without muscle flexion here to see what I mean.

As any artist, I take my cannula selection and access sites very seriously and have evolved what permits me to achieve my results.  I have considered and evaluated many, many technologies.  The many different types of cannula I use have their own advantages and qualities.  I pick a subset of these cannula that varies for the many different types of gynecomastia male chest sculpture that I see.

Gland removal by any technique can still leave a depression when  a major part of the problem is from gland.  For gland removal, I prefer the greater precision of removal under direct visualization and feel.  This also give me access to many more elements for my artistic palette of my Dynamic Technique to sculpt the remaining tissues.

This approach permits me to maximize the removal of the firm gland and sculpt the remaining fat.  How tissues move is important.  The human body is beautiful in animation.  That is why I show pictures of the chest with arms up, down, and with muscles tight / relaxed in addition to the results from multiple views.  Such analysis of the results as well as how tissues evolve, the possible need for drains, comfort level after surgery, are important factors in picking your doctor.  It is like an artist selecting a paint brush.  The results are what matters, not with what tool they sculpt.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Chest Sculpture

Offline chester101

• Posting Member
Hi,

I'm broadly happy (so far) with the results of my lipo only surgery, which I had back in early May. Mine was also a very mild case (or so I was told - didn't seem mild to me) and although I consented for excision also, they only performed lipo. One of the 2 surgeons that did the op told me the night before that the tissue under my areola that I thought was gland was actually regular breast tissue that all men have and that removing it could lead to crater deformities etc. In the end, I let them make the decision....

I'm very happy with the contour of my chest now, the only thing I am slightly unsure about is how much my nipples stick out. They have always been like this though (maybe it is just how I am meant to be) and as well as improving the shape of my chest, the surgery did also remove the dreaded 'puffy nips' problem, which I had suffered with for twenty years up until then. I go back to see the surgeon in early August for my first follow-up, it will be interesting to see what he thinks.

Offline Toffer

• Posting Member
Chester thats a very interesting point you've made there with lypo only option. I am due to go into surgery next thursday and am very worried that the pointy puffy nipple thing wont go away if they decide to go lypo only.

Could you possible send/post some pictures? thanks

Offline stevo_333

• Posting Member
I took Maywests advice, and saw another surgeon. He wants to do excision only, no lipo. Ideally I would have liked someone to do both, but I guess anything that would have been removed by lipo can be worked off in the gym.

I'm getting it done on monday and cannot wait. In a couple of weeks time i'll post up some before and after pics, well unless the results are bad, in which case I might chuck myself infront of a bus!!

Offline Alexfocus

• Bronze Member
There are now a few diffrent types of lipo one is called power lipo i think that is suppost to be very good at getting rid of the hard gland tissue! This may be worth checking

Offline markashleigh1979

• I've had my final operation :)
Hi ,

i had lipo first and had to go for a revision to remove the gland. If you are unsure what its is you could get an UT done. This would tell you if its fat , gyne or a combination of both. But i think its best to go with excission and lipo...

good luck mate

Offline Toffer

• Posting Member
Just read this. I had excision and lipo in the end and am generally happy with the results though its early days.  I really dont think I'd have been happy with lipo only,

my 2p

Kris

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024