Author Topic: Operation Nip is a GO!  (Read 3599 times)

Offline moto

I’ve been reading these forums for quite some time, nearly a year and a half i think and this is officially my first post. I’ve decided that now I have hit the big two zero that its time to do something. I have a mild case of gyne that is mainly just puffy nipples but it drives me mad and I am sick and tired of picking and choosing clothes around my problem and not ones I want! It seems that I have a small gland with a large amount of ducts pushing the nipple out. Up until recently I had my mind set on Dr Levick doing the surgery due to scars etc but as my case is mild and mainly directly underneath my nipples and not a larger spread out gland. Is Dr levicks procedure effective at removing glands and ducts directly behind the nipple? Would I be better off with a surgery that involves direct removal through an incision? And one last question how does Dr Levick actually carry out the procedure what “tools” does he use?

Offline Alexfocus

• Bronze Member
I am not sure but a lot of people have used him here and may be able to help you. Best thing to do would be to go and see him, I would also see Karidis in London as well, he goes in through the nipple.

Offline Time_to_fix_it

• Gold Member
I’ve been reading these forums for quite some time, nearly a year and a half i think and this is officially my first post. I’ve decided that now I have hit the big two zero that its time to do something. I have a mild case of gyne that is mainly just puffy nipples but it drives me mad and I am sick and tired of picking and choosing clothes around my problem and not ones I want! It seems that I have a small gland with a large amount of ducts pushing the nipple out. Up until recently I had my mind set on Dr Levick doing the surgery due to scars etc but as my case is mild and mainly directly underneath my nipples and not a larger spread out gland. Is Dr levicks procedure effective at removing glands and ducts directly behind the nipple? Would I be better off with a surgery that involves direct removal through an incision? And one last question how does Dr Levick actually carry out the procedure what “tools” does he use?

I think you have raised a valid point and I seem to recall that Paul Levick does sometimes go in under the nipple under certain circumstances, but I think his most common method is from the armpit.  You would really have to see him and ask, unfortunately that will cost you a consultation fee of around £100.

As for the tools he uses, I understand that for most of his surgeries (including mine) he makes a small incision in the crease of the skin in front of the armpit and then uses a canula to go down the chest under the skin to the breast.  When I had my initial consultation I seem to recall he said something about injecting fluid into the area first to lift the skin from the fat/gland.  He then said something about using an instrument to chew up the gland and then sucks it and the fat out through the canula.  I’m a little hazy on this as there was a lot to take in at the time.

One last thing to think about is if there are any costs involved for you if you need a revision.  It’s a worthy question to ask of any surgeon as some will do their bit for free but you might still have to pay hospital and anaesthetists fees.  With Paul Levick you get a guarantee which means there are absolutely no extra costs if a revision is required.

As I said I think you have raised an important point so please, if you do go and see Paul Levick, let us know how you get on.

All the best.

Surgery performed by Mr Levick at The Priory Hospital Bimingham (UK) 20th October 2006

Offline markashleigh1979

• I've had my final operation :)
Hey,

i agree with the others, good point but i have to say that the procedure will depend on the patient....the quacks are wise people so they will see that its just under the nipples, so it would be pointless going through your back passage and around your neck twice .....send him an e-mail or make sure you raise the point at the consultation.

good luck

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024