Author Topic: FINALLY had surgery on NHS Exactly 1 week ago.  (Read 1796 times)

Offline Daniel_uk987

• Posting Member
Hello everyone It has been about 3 years since I have signed into this forum so probably a new name to you all!
I had posted up pics of my Gyne a few years ago and they dont appear to still be up but my gyne was considered pretty serious in some peoples opinions especially my own.
I had it corrected last week, I had bilateral removal, lipo and gland removal (39g left and 43g right), I also had Areola reduction which I wasn't too sure about at first but my surgeon said it would be much better so had stitching the whole way around my nipple not just underneath like most cases.
Today was the first time I had seen the results as I had the dressings changed and I have to say on the whole I am quite happy so far, a few worries though but I HOPE that it is because it is so early on in the healing process.
I think (although not too obvious) that the left side of my chest seems a little bigger, but it's also bruised more so wonder if this is down to swelling.
And also on the same side when the doctor removed the dressing on the left side of my nipple there seemed to be a small wound as if the stitching had broken away but the doc said theres nothing to worry about and that it's all fine... It's not a huge wound or bleeding  much I just worry about scarring.
I have also lost alot of feeling on both sides around my nipples, is this normal? I can still feel but it feels like when you've got a dead foot like a numb feeling.
Also I am not sure how the swelling goes but it feels quite solid underneath.. is that just because I can actually feel my pecks? haha.. Or does the swelling sometimes go like that?
I will get pics up as soon as I can.
I already feel great in just a T shirt.. even though it was cold today I walked back from the hospital with my jacket off for the first time EVER and it felt quite liberating to say the least... so with my shirt on I feel 10 times better, but I want to see how the healing goes..
Would be nice to hear from you guys if there is anything I should look out for?!...

Also if scarring was to be bad, what sort of wonders does modern medicine have for that these days?.. or are you just stuck with them?
(just trying to think for the worst case scenario)

As I said I had this done on the NHS and apart from a few minor problems they were actually quite good! I see it's hit and miss with some people on here but I guess I was one of the lucky ones.

If anyone could shed any light on my queries I would appreciate it so much!
And if anyone is going in to surgery and wants any advice i'll be here for you too.
Thanks guys!  ;D

Offline samkilty

• Posting Member
Well im only 3 days post-op but i also have no feeling. My surgeon said that sometimes people will have no feeling for weeks, but the feeling will usually gradually return. Your most likely fine. The solidness underneath is probably your pecs, but it also may be scar tissue. If you can massage and break it up then its scar tissue. Congrats man! Thats great that you finally had it done.

Offline Daniel_uk987

• Posting Member
Thanks man! I wish you the best of luck with the rest of your healing and life post gyne :D
If anyone could shed any light on the other queries I'd most appreciate it.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024