Author Topic: Surgery booked with Dr Haeck in Seattle  (Read 2312 times)

Offline winter

• Posting Member
I had my initial meeting the Dr Haeck today after a review of all the surgeons in the area. I was so impressed with his answers that I booked the surgery in for June 2!

I was actually surprise because his examination bought up a number of things there I wasn't aware of, like the fact it was worse on my left side compared to my right. I always thought it was the other way around but he explained that because I carried some fat on the right side which hides the tissue, where on the right side there is less fat so its more pronounced.

Anyway, the 4 week recovery is super inconvenient, but I'm glad to be getting it in before the summer starts.

Offline winter

• Posting Member
Had my surgery yesterday. Everything went well. Had drains put in which were removed today, that was kinda painful. But other than that, the pain has pretty much gone, so already off the meds!

Due to the swelling, I still haven't really been able to tell whats happened. It's definitely different which is weird after living with this condition for so long. When I touch the area I still expect to feel the lumps. The right side feels a little funny, but my gynecomastia was a bit unbalanced so I'm guessing there is a different level of tissue damage on each side which will hopefully even out as the swelling goes down.

Offline winter

• Posting Member
Drains are out, stitches are out!
Swelling is still really uneven, worse on the left side so things look kind of uneven. Next appointment with Dr Haeck is next week and hopefully I will get the go ahead to start exercising, as well as ask questions about minimizing the scar build up.
If anyone has any questions about the procedure and recover, let me know and I can fill you in with my experiences.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024