Author Topic: Anyone had only lipo and is happy with results?  (Read 2627 times)

Offline Finrod

• Posting Member
Sorry i made a new thread, but i guess more people will see it.
If someone can contac me with people who had only lipo done and is or isn't happy with the results please post here, i have a couple of questions and would like to see some after and before pictures (only lipo).
thanx.

Offline rcbrown23

Agree with "body". Post pictures and we will be able to better tell you if lipo only will do it.

I believe I answered you once before...but here goes again. If there is ANY hard tissue (glandular) than the lipo will not get it.

YES, I speak from experience. I had a lipo only procedure almost one year ago. I was 24, in good shape, thin athletic build, mild glandular case. The lipo got a little of the gland on my right side (not enough), and failed to get anything from my left side. The lipo also sucked out whatever little fat I had on my chest to begin with, leaving my nipples to protrude even more.

I was totally happy with my chest before the op, all I wanted was my nipples to be flat. I told my doctor this, but he is an idiot and didn't even see the problem in the first place. Now I am ready for a once-and-for-all secondary operation, but I am a little worried about a possible indentation that may be left after the gland is removed. My reasoning behind this is that I think my previous doctor, if you could call him that, sucked out TOO much fat from my chest. When I put my arms straight up above my head, I can see that the skin sticks to the muscle just a little bit, causing a slight indentation. I am worried that with the gland gone, maybe this indentation will be bigger.

If you go to the right doctor, excision can be VERY successful. The scars can be almost nothing...you would have to look really close to see ANYTHING. On the other hand, there are a certain few doctors that perform liposuction with a "sharp cannula" that is said to have a good success rate (look at the recent threads about Doctor Hamas). We are waiting to hear more about this, but in my opinion it is an option.

-Brown

Offline jc71

• Wilma, grab the lotion, we're going to the beach!
Finrod. If you're debating whether to get lipo only or if it can be used successfully with gland, I say the answer is probably no.  Hamas has had favorable results, but at this point, he seems to be the exception to the norm. Maybe as techniques and equipment change in the future, it may be common to remove both fat and gland with lipo. Today, I'd choose excision.

Offline bennyha

• Posting Member
i would wait and see what rcbrown says after his visit with dr hamas. that is what i am going to do. my case is all glandular and i have puffy nipples. but i have heard favorable things about a few surgeons who perform the liposuction with a special canola that gets glandular and the down time is more than half of what others go through plus the incision is in the armpit. Dr. hamas is one of the surgeons who uses this method and seems to have a high success rate. if he is at all an option for you (located in dallas, tx i believe) i would wait and see what rc says and then consider him.

Offline Spleen

I think everyone is pretty much right-on.  I went to a doc a few weeks ago and pointed out that the puffy nips were what I want corrected.  His responce was to talk about lipo, lipo, lipo.  Great Doc, I'm sure, but not the right man for the job.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024