Author Topic: Various surgical techniques (through the nipple/under the nipple)?  (Read 2232 times)

Offline ThatMethD1guy

• Posting Member
I have interviewed a couple of doctors as well as reading the posts from
Dr. Bermant and am wondering about the various techniques used by doctors as to how they relate to nerve damage and the loss of sensation in the nipple.

It seems as though there are several methods to extract fat and glands and am wondering if going through the nipple versus under the nipple increases the likelihood of losing sensation there after the operation?

I know some that for many here, the reduction of the moobs is the primary consideration and they could care less about loss of sensation, but this is something that concerns me a bit.

Anyone have any knowledge or post op experience they can share?

DrBermant

I have interviewed a couple of doctors as well as reading the posts from
Dr. Bermant and am wondering about the various techniques used by doctors as to how they relate to nerve damage and the loss of sensation in the nipple.

It seems as though there are several methods to extract fat and glands and am wondering if going through the nipple versus under the nipple increases the likelihood of losing sensation there after the operation?

I know some that for many here, the reduction of the moobs is the primary consideration and they could care less about loss of sensation, but this is something that concerns me a bit.

Anyone have any knowledge or post op experience they can share?

Please start with the answer already posted here:

http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=13715.0

I prefer an incision at the edge of the areola for typical gynecomastia access.  The areola chest interface is a great place to fool the eye about a scar.  Check out this Nipple Areola Close Up Picture Gallery to see what I mean.  There are several pages of these galleries, check them all.

I reserve incisions through the anatomic nipple for nipple reduction surgery.

Incisions below the areola hidden in the shadow of the pectoral muscles can be a reasonable compromise for major Skin Reduction Chest Lift after Massive Weight Loss.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Chest Sculpture

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024