Author Topic: Long time lurker need some input  (Read 1336 times)

Offline Drex

• Posting Member
Hey guys iv been lurking around here for awhile,i just got approved by my insurance to get the surgery but I'm not sure if i should get it done by this plastic surgeon. He is part of Group Health (my healthcare that approved the surgery) but i don't think he has had much experience with this type of surgery.I'm not sure if the healthcare would approve of a surgeon outside of their clinic, and if they don't ill be stuck with deciding to try and save up or risk a bad outcome.

While discussing with the surgeon,he said that i mostly had fibrous fatty tissue around my chest, and that he would most likely do lipo and see if the glands needed to be removed. For lipo he said he would enter from the armpit area and below the nipple so it would be easier to get an even outcome, but i haven't heard of anyone having 2 entry points on each side for liposuction,is this method used?

He didn't have any before and after pictures, which is also bothers me, he said this was because he was part of the group health general surgery clinic, but he is a plastic surgeon.

Does anyone know if my insurance would cover surgery with a plastic surgeon that is not associated with them?

my case is very mild, but it still bothers me to the point where i don't like to be around people with no shirt.

« Last Edit: May 17, 2012, 10:29:33 PM by Drex »

Offline Istillneedsurgery

• Posting Member
I would not trust a surgeon that did not have before n after pics. Sorry but that is just me.

Offline George Pope, M.D.

• Supporting Doctors
    • Orlando Plastic Surgery Center
You may want to call your insurance company to see if you have "out of network benefits".  If so, they should pay another plastic surgeon to operate on you.  They may not pay his/her entire fee, and you would have to pay the difference or the surgeon would have to agree to accept the reduced fee.  Worth a call.

Regarding liposuction access incisions, it's not uncommon to lipo from two different points, in order to get a smooth contour using a "crisscross" method.  Many surgeons do that. I used to make that second incision in the armpit area, but I've abandoned it over the years, as it's often difficult to maneuver the cannula around the lateral border of the pec.

Good luck in your search-

Dr. Pope, MD
George H Pope, MD, FACS
Certified - American Board of Plastic Surgery
Orlando Plastic Surgery Center
www.georgepopemd.com
Phone: 407-857-6261

Offline Drex

• Posting Member
i called and they said i do have out of network benefits, is there any well know gyno surgeons in Washington? iv looked around on this board and haven't found anything very solid. Seems like most are in California

Offline George Pope, M.D.

• Supporting Doctors
    • Orlando Plastic Surgery Center
I don't know any Washington plastic surgeons.  You can find all of the board certified plastic surgeons on the American Society of Plastic Surgeons website:
 plasticsurgery dot org

Good luck-

Dr. Pope, MD

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024