Author Topic: Can someone from Vancouver please help me?  (Read 3128 times)

Offline There_Is_Hope

• Bronze Member
I'm 19 years old. I've had this problem since puberty. It's made me miserable. I've thought about killing myself. I used to love swimming (I have a pool and live by the beach) but I haven't been in the water in years)...

Last year, I learned that this problem could be corrected with plastic surgery. From that day on, I was a new person. I started buying clothing that I wouldn't wear in my given condition, but would be finally able to wear once I got the problem taken care of.

Without telling my parents, I booked a consultation with a doctor in Quebec (where I go to school) and found out that it would cost me $5,000.

I then made the biggest mistake of my life by telling my parents about my problem. They insisted that I go through health-care. Fast forward a year, here I am, still living in this hell, still living with nipples that stick out about 3 centimeters.

I have heard a lot of good things about Dr. Mosher, and a couple of things that make me reluctant to go with him.

I have also heard of a lot of people paying $1xxx for their operation and not the $3,500 that most other people are paying. Why are you guys not sharing this information with the rest of us? Trust me, if I knew of a way to get this operation done for that cheap, I would go out of my way to make sure that everyone who couldn't afford this operation be able to.

The reason I say this is because my family has no money. My father is sick. I am in university. That's not a good combination at all. Add to that a $3500 'elective' surgery. I can't ask my parents to pay this. What can I do. What's the cheapest way to get this done in Vancouver. I don't want to go through health care though - I want this done ASAP.

I just found this site today and I've been logged on for hours. I honestly thought I was alone in this self hell, but I'm not.

If anyone can point me to some surgeons in Vancouver that they suggest, please do. SOMEONE WHO DOES NOT CHARGE FOR EXCISION. Thanks!
« Last Edit: April 08, 2005, 06:24:19 PM by There_Is_Hope »

Offline aloaa

• Posting Member
Hey ! I think that the easy way if you're in Quebec and you got your BC health plan is to go with maybe Dr. Fielding in Toronto....because Quebec don't cover anything.... i'll have my op in 10 days and the cheapest surgeon that I found charge me 2800$ for the op. Dr. Fielding will probably charge you 1000-1200$....that's a good deal ! Just take your phone and ask !

Fielding, Dr. C.  
2425 Bloor St. West #401  Tel: (416) 766-8890  

P.S. press 1015945 before the call it will cost you only 5 cents/min can & usa ;)

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024