Author Topic: Revisions surgery  (Read 2487 times)

Offline rtz1047

• Posting Member
Just a thought. I love how the doctors say you may need revision surgery like everyone can be like oh ok cool no problem let me spend more money on something that should have went right the first time and hope it works now for another 5000. Stop being greedy and help your patients out to make them happy not more money from them 

Offline flatness13

• Silver Member
That's one of the biggest fears of surgery indeed.

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
I fully understand your concerns about revisions -- but here are a few things to consider.

First, find a real gyne expert surgeon to do your procedure -- if possible.  It might possibly cost a bit more but it would be worth it in knowing that your need for revision would most likely be minimal.

Next, specifically address this issue with any surgeon you might be considering and ask for his written revision policy.

For example, in my practice I have a specific written revision policy which is given to each patient when he signs for surgery.  Both the patient and I sign it.  It provides for free revision surgery within one year after surgery but only if both of us agree that it is needed. The only additional costs would be for anesthesia and the operating room.

Fortunately, I have extremely few revision cases of my own.  My mantra is to take my time and do it right the first time -- and then there need not be a second (revision) time. However, Mother Nature frequently intervenes in the healing process and sometimes a revision is needed.  It is then that my policy comes into use.

IMHO, anyone contemplating gyne surgery should discuss this very important point with his surgeon prior to surgery.

Dr Jacobs

Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline CJC85

• Bronze Member
I fully understand your concerns about revisions -- but here are a few things to consider.

First, find a real gyne expert surgeon to do your procedure -- if possible.  It might possibly cost a bit more but it would be worth it in knowing that your need for revision would most likely be minimal.

Next, specifically address this issue with any surgeon you might be considering and ask for his written revision policy.

For example, in my practice I have a specific written revision policy which is given to each patient when he signs for surgery.  Both the patient and I sign it.  It provides for free revision surgery within one year after surgery but only if both of us agree that it is needed. The only additional costs would be for anesthesia and the operating room.

Fortunately, I have extremely few revision cases of my own.  My mantra is to take my time and do it right the first time -- and then there need not be a second (revision) time. However, Mother Nature frequently intervenes in the healing process and sometimes a revision is needed.  It is then that my policy comes into use.

IMHO, anyone contemplating gyne surgery should discuss this very important point with his surgeon prior to surgery.

Dr Jacobs

Dr Jacobs could you please have a look under Europe>Dr clarke revision enquiry and look at my photoes at the bottom of page 1. 

Have you ever had a UK person travel to yourself for revision?

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024