Author Topic: Wearing a bra for now  (Read 22703 times)

Offline MarcoB

• Silver Member
he looked at me in the mirror and asked me if I knew that the ladies' toilet is next door. Then basically called me a lesbian. I think he thought I was a butch lesbian as I’d come out of the cubical.
It wasn't too many years ago that I myself didn't really know about major gyne, let alone about the more-rare Klinefelter syndrome.  I can still hide my own gyne, but thoughts do cross my mind about what I might say if it gets so big in the future that I can't hide it anymore and someone ignorantly makes a comment like the above.  The public will be more accepting if we can come up with a brief, gracious explanation saying something like that it's from a hormone disorder we didn't sign up for.  Perhaps we can formulate a standard line here, or a few different ones, so we can be ready to handle various situations in a way that promotes understanding.

Offline Johndoe1

My standard retort is "I have a medical hormonal disorder" and that usually ends it.
Womanhood is not defined by breasts, and breasts are not indicative of womanhood. - Melissa Fabello

Busted (and happy)

My experience is that the less covert you try to be when "they" are small enough for you to hide them, the better you cope with with "them" when the hiding strategy runs out of road. 
This is true for people you see regularly over years. For the others I just don't give a toss 

Offline MarcoB

• Silver Member
My standard retort is "I have a medical hormonal disorder" and that usually ends it.
That should work, although "medical" makes it sound like you're sick, which I don't consider to be accurate.

Offline MarcoB

• Silver Member
My experience is that the less covert you try to be when "they" are small enough for you to hide them, the better you cope with with "them" when the hiding strategy runs out of road.
This is true for people you see regularly over years. For the others I just don't give a toss
That makes sense.  Two in my family have seen me with just a tank-type undershirt and no bra, exposing the still-smallish mountain, but I know extended family would find it pretty eye-popping.  I'll have to think about how I'll handle it.  I have time though, unless growth spurts start coming in more-rapid succession.  If my mother's small breast size is any indication, I shouldn't ever get anywhere near as big as some on this forum.

Offline Johndoe1

While I agree, it's not a sickness, as a response, it's effective.

Offline Fatty

• Posting Member
Hey Conor

I haven't read all 13 pages, but just want to highlight that your mother is an absolute super star. Your sister and father should also be commended for their support / not making a big deal out of it.

Honestly mate, your mum is a legend. You're truly lucky to have that kind of support (if you'll excuse the pun :-)). I'm sure you've told her this, but just in case, do let her know.

-C

Busted (and happy)

True Marco, for the vast majority it is not a medical condition in the sense that any treatment is required. Genetics and aging affect hormonal changes.
All breast sizes are NORMAL (Medically) and do not require treatment.
For personal reasons some may choose surgery or hormonal treatments.
However for me the discomfort of growth and sore nipples  eventually made me seek out Medically advice. His advice (apart from "live with it") was to wear a bra (well tested by ladies over many years and proven to work).
My retort to any comments ,when necessary is Yes I do have a large chest (seems to go down better than "Breasts") and the bra is Dr's advice)
Works for me.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2021, 11:37:47 AM by Busted (and happy) »

Offline Conor W

• Bronze Member
I guess I just froze. I thought he was going to create a scene or at worst touch them. Just mentioned it later to the girl I was with. Trying not to let it wreck me. I looked in the mirror and you can see boobs with a bra and without. There is no hiding it completely. And still no hospital review appointment. I sat there thinking when I go do I wear a bra or tell them I do ? That would be making a statement as the nurse would see. 
Life’s just moving on, go to uni at the end of the month. My mum who is a legend I guess asked me what I was going to do. I don’t have a lot of option but to adopt the t shirt baggy shirt option and bra. And hope nothing embarrassing happens. 
I’m worried they are bigger. The nipples are sensitive but that’s quite an awkward conversation to have as a lad… mum I think I need a bigger bra. Maybe when I’m away I can face ordering on the internet myself and take control. But that would be a c size. 

Offline blad

At university will you live away from home or commute from home?

If you live away from home will you have your own room or a shared room?

Generally a lot of students keep to themselves on campus unless you belong to clubs or staying at university dorms with all their social interactions. So depending on the situation you may range from invisible to a lot of close social interaction.

As far as any hospital evaluations maybe just be yourself and wear a bra as you would normally.

I think this first year of university will begin to give more perspective and you may find that your are reasonably content to just continue to manage your breasts with wearing a bra.
If the bra fits, wear it.

Offline Conor W

• Bronze Member
I’m moving away from home for university and living in student accommodation. Almost like a bed sit with my own bathroom and shower, desk, bed snd small kitchen. There is a communal lounge on the corridor and it’s mixed male and female. But I don’t want to be a recluse. 

With the size of my boobs, I can’t not wear a bra. Otherwise I’m going to have to strap them down and that’s very uncomfortable compared to this. Can’t imagine living with them forever 

Offline Johndoe1

Conor,

After awhile you just forget they are even there. I have been living with my breasts before you were born and I am here to tell you, a lifetime with them is not a death sentence. As time goes on, it gets easier. There are many of us here who will attest to that fact.

Stiff upper lip.

Orb

Conor,

This is my first post to you as I have just rejoined this group.
It's been a journey.  For you and for me.  Each situation, life is different.  There is no right answer on how to deal with what our life's journey lays on our path.  How we deal with it is what defines us.  Having looked back at your journey I would say your in a great position.  You have support from the home front, and a great support group of friends.  For some it's as new to them as it is for you.  Give them the grace you want them to give you.  Your a strong lad.  You have many great mates. 
I believe we are our own worst enemies.  You've got this!  I know the mind set of the general population is shifting.  They aren't as ignorant as those before.  Don't allow others the privilege to slip you into the mold they feel all of society must fit into. 
Be strong!
Be You! 
Chin up mate!

Offline blad

I wonder how Conor is doing now. I presume he is in university at this point. I hope he can give us an update.

Offline blad

I wonder how Conor is doing now. I presume he is in university at this point. I hope he can give us an update.
Bump

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024