Author Topic: UK Channel 4 Gynecomastia Documentary - 18th Aug!  (Read 15754 times)

Offline Alchemist

• Gold Member
 im not whining its just ignorant to tell someone you don't know at all that they no nothing about emotional pain. good on you for living with your condition everyone has different experiences. I respect every man who has gyno and was able to overcome however just because you could do it doesn't mean its the same for others. I dont know how old u are but believe me when i say middleschools and highschools are awhole different animal nowadays.

Hi GBM,

Does everybody strip after gym and all parade through the shower, tossed a towel after you come out depending on the mood of the the guys distributing the towels.  Do you have to play skins and shirts for sports in gym and always  all the guys with large breasts ending up on skins?  Or don't they do those any more?  I was photographed in the shower and the guy made hundreds of prints distributed to kids in all the schools we associated with,. 

I was in a lot of fights.  I had all the girlfriends I wanted and could handle. I graduated in '66.  Jr High was hell then and I imagine it is hell now for all sorts of reasons.  The question however, and it is something I have been wondering is why do some guys, many with something that isn't even visible to others, develop PTSD and/or body dysmorphic disorder that doesn't appear significantly different from anorexia or bulimia.  In college I went out with the girl who started the school nudist club.  I had already been skinny dipping for some years at that point as I discovered that when everybody is nude, all bodies are equal.  Nobody dares anything because they don't want the responses they would get.  They become educated in a "do unto others..." situation. 

I went the "get rid of body shame" route rather than make it into an extreme body shame that becomes life destroying shame and fear.  For some, the shame then transfers to the scars and remaining shape so they still can't go to the beach or dare to be seen shirtless or whatever.   So 99.98% to 99.99% of those with gyne don't get surgery, and 0.01% to 0.02% do get surgery, each year, some after a couple of years and some after 30+ years.  A few have significant long lasting pain that isn't prevented by a bra and it becomes something needing treatment.  So what causes the extreme response.  Date of birth isn't a factor.  There are about the same numbers each decade with extreme "ruins my life" fear and shame response.  Why?  What triggers that?  I've been through the mill about as bad as it gets as do many.  And fat shaming was very big in the 50s and 60s and 70s.  Now fat guys can even wear t-shirts.  That was unthinkable in the 50s and 60s.  I was harassed about my body from age 5 (hidden penis of "northern horse barbarians").  You add that to c-cup breasts in 7th grade in the hell of jr high.  And I was a ripe candidate for PTSD.  What triggers some guys into it?  Maybe you can answer that.  Have fun.  Enjoy your life.

Offline gbm

• Posting Member
im not whining its just ignorant to tell someone you don't know at all that they no nothing about emotional pain. good on you for living with your condition everyone has different experiences. I respect every man who has gyno and was able to overcome however just because you could do it doesn't mean its the same for others. I dont know how old u are but believe me when i say middleschools and highschools are awhole different animal nowadays.

Hi GBM,

Does everybody strip after gym and all parade through the shower, tossed a towel after you come out depending on the mood of the the guys distributing the towels.  Do you have to play skins and shirts for sports in gym and always  all the guys with large breasts ending up on skins?  Or don't they do those any more?  I was photographed in the shower and the guy made hundreds of prints distributed to kids in all the schools we associated with,.  

I was in a lot of fights.  I had all the girlfriends I wanted and could handle. I graduated in '66.  Jr High was hell then and I imagine it is hell now for all sorts of reasons.  The question however, and it is something I have been wondering is why do some guys, many with something that isn't even visible to others, develop PTSD and/or body dysmorphic disorder that doesn't appear significantly different from anorexia or bulimia.  In college I went out with the girl who started the school nudist club.  I had already been skinny dipping for some years at that point as I discovered that when everybody is nude, all bodies are equal.  Nobody dares anything because they don't want the responses they would get.  They become educated in a "do unto others..." situation.  

I went the "get rid of body shame" route rather than make it into an extreme body shame that becomes life destroying shame and fear.  For some, the shame then transfers to the scars and remaining shape so they still can't go to the beach or dare to be seen shirtless or whatever.   So 99.98% to 99.99% of those with gyne don't get surgery, and 0.01% to 0.02% do get surgery, each year, some after a couple of years and some after 30+ years.  A few have significant long lasting pain that isn't prevented by a bra and it becomes something needing treatment.  So what causes the extreme response.  Date of birth isn't a factor.  There are about the same numbers each decade with extreme "ruins my life" fear and shame response.  Why?  What triggers that?  I've been through the mill about as bad as it gets as do many.  And fat shaming was very big in the 50s and 60s and 70s.  Now fat guys can even wear t-shirts.  That was unthinkable in the 50s and 60s.  I was harassed about my body from age 5 (hidden penis of "northern horse barbarians").  You add that to c-cup breasts in 7th grade in the hell of jr high.  And I was a ripe candidate for PTSD.  What triggers some guys into it?  Maybe you can answer that.  Have fun.  Enjoy your life.

With the increasing influence of the media and the internet and global stars like Justin Bieber and Zayn Malik{ young good looking men mainly with their shirts off}, with social media sites such as Instagram{ that allow you to share your photos} men are increasingly under more and more pressure to conform to a certain body image. Now compare this to the past the Beatles for example, you wouldn't ever see them shirtless etc however all major hollywood stars and young pop singers now have unrealistic bodies.In these times of an increasing awareness and more and more pressure on men then ever before to look good, something like gynecomastia can be devastating and can have severe consequences.  In the past men were under much less pressure and there were far few cases of body image disorders{ you can look up research supporting this statement}.

hammer

"I'll be back"
 said the termanater, the guy with the huge chest and big muscles!

rrr

With the increasing influence of the media and the internet and global stars like Justin Bieber and Zayn Malik{ young good looking men mainly with their shirts off}

OK, this is problem number one. These "guys" are what you aspire to look like?
 men are increasingly under more and more pressure to conform to a certain body image.

By whom? Is there a secret government agency forcing men to conform to a certain image?
however all major hollywood stars and young pop singers now have unrealistic bodies.In these times of an increasing awareness and more and more pressure on men then ever before to look good,

How can you say unrealistic, if they have them? You don't get a great body by sitting on your ass in front of the TV.
Again, who is putting on this pressure? That same secret agency?
The only "pressure" I have seen is to be relatively fit and not be fat - that goes for males and females.
If you take body image to extremes and expect perfection, you will ALWAYS be disappointed. Are you also looking for perfection in any partner?
I get that boobs on a guy are not attractive, nor do they fit the "perfect" image, but out of the millions of guys with gyno, it's only a small fraction that have anything anyone would notice. There are several of us here, and while I can't speak for them, but I know it baffles me when ripped guys post photos that *may* show a bit of nipple puffiness (that nobody else would ever notice) and complain how their life has been ruined by it.
In most cases, the "ruined life" is in the eye of the beholder, and that eye is firmly planted in the individual complaining.

B

Offline TigerPaws

Bummed and hammer are correct, if someone is so shallow as to care what others think then perhaps they need to see the best friend money can buy, a Psychiatrist because they have far deeper problems than simply growing breasts.

In a recent National Security publication an article was published praising Social Media for assisting every National Security Agency Globally for creating a medium in which more than a Billion people have voluntarily created on-line searchable dossiers on themselves. These fully available files journal and catalog people's lives who have ever (and they are never truly deleted) posted anything about themselves.

Through automated algorithms a pattern can be built on just about anyone who is or ever has been on Social Media. Who you are, what you do and where you go, everyone you are having and have had contact with and what their relationship with you is including your family and their contacts.

Social Media and their biggest supporters in Hollywood and the Paparazzi feed the narcissism that grips far too many of the under 30 crowd. People have been driven to kill themselves because of what others have said on Social Media.

gbm develop some self esteem, so you are growing breasts, big deal, get off of the Narcissistic, me, me, look at me bandwagon. As long as you do what others do and think you should do then you will become nothing because inside where it counts you will be nothing.

You have heard from several other men who also grew up with breasts and those who have developed them later in life. Yet all have been and are successful in their lives, if stripping off your shirt and looking ripped so you can get "likes" on social media is your thing then you are headed for a big disappointment in life because untimely "No One Cares If You Live Or Die" and No One Will Remember You.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2016, 03:38:33 PM by TigerPaws »

Offline gbm

• Posting Member
With the increasing influence of the media and the internet and global stars like Justin Bieber and Zayn Malik{ young good looking men mainly with their shirts off}

OK, this is problem number one. These "guys" are what you aspire to look like?
men are increasingly under more and more pressure to conform to a certain body image.

By whom? Is there a secret government agency forcing men to conform to a certain image?
however all major hollywood stars and young pop singers now have unrealistic bodies.In these times of an increasing awareness and more and more pressure on men then ever before to look good,

How can you say unrealistic, if they have them? You don't get a great body by sitting on your ass in front of the TV.
Again, who is putting on this pressure? That same secret agency?
The only "pressure" I have seen is to be relatively fit and not be fat - that goes for males and females.
If you take body image to extremes and expect perfection, you will ALWAYS be disappointed. Are you also looking for perfection in any partner?
I get that boobs on a guy are not attractive, nor do they fit the "perfect" image, but out of the millions of guys with gyno, it's only a small fraction that have anything anyone would notice. There are several of us here, and while I can't speak for them, but I know it baffles me when ripped guys post photos that *may* show a bit of nipple puffiness (that nobody else would ever notice) and complain how their life has been ruined by it.
In most cases, the "ruined life" is in the eye of the beholder, and that eye is firmly planted in the individual complaining.

B

I say unrealistic because these actors or most of them use steroids and personal trainers. Not everyone can do that.

Offline gbm

• Posting Member
Bummed and hammer are correct, if someone is so shallow as to care what others think then perhaps they need to see the best friend money can buy, a Psychiatrist because they have far deeper problems than simply growing breasts.

In a recent National Security publication an article was published praising Social Media for assisting every National Security Agency Globally for creating a medium in which more than a Billion people have voluntarily created on-line searchable dossiers on themselves. These fully available files journal and catalog people's lives who have ever (and they are never truly deleted) posted anything about themselves.

Through automated algorithms a pattern can be built on just about anyone who is or ever has been on Social Media. Who you are, what you do and where you go, everyone you are having and have had contact with and what their relationship with you is including your family and their contacts.

Social Media and their biggest supporters in Hollywood and the Paparazzi feed the narcissism that grips far too many of the under 30 crowd. People have been driven to kill themselves because of what others have said on Social Media.

gbm develop some self esteem, so you are growing breasts, big deal, get off of the Narcissistic, me, me, look at me bandwagon. As long as you do what others do and think you should do then you will become nothing because inside where it counts you will be nothing.

You have heard from several other men who also grew up with breasts and those who have developed them later in life. Yet all have been and are successful in their lives, if stripping off your shirt and looking ripped so you can get "likes" on social media is your thing then you are headed for a big disappointment in life because untimely "No One Cares If You Live Or Die" and No One Will Remember You.

I care very much about how I look and what others think about me especially females. You guys may be happy with your breasts but for me it's get rid or die trying .

rrr

gbm said:
I care very much about how I look and what others think about me especially females. You guys may be happy with your breasts but for me it's get rid or die trying .

That is such an unhealthy attitude, I cannot believe it. So you want a female to choose you based strictly on appearance? Nevermind your personality, goals, and brain? Is that how you choose females - only appearance matters, nothing else?
Good luck with that type of relationship and life, 'cause we all get older, and appearance changes for the worse.
Like tigerpaws said, you need to see an expert, because your lifeview is seriously distorted.
B and my 0.02p or $0.03 - depending on where you live

Offline TigerPaws

gbm,

I am and always have been single, I have fully developed 38D breasts (and they are still growing) on a 5' 8" 165lb (74.8kg) frame, so my breasts can be VERY noticeable. I am well over 60 and yet I date women between 37 and occasionally as old as 42, all are exceptionally beautiful, intelligent, well educated and successful.

Breasts have NOTHING to do with meeting and having a meaningful (and sometimes not so meaningful but a lot of fun) relationship. Most of the Ladies (and there are many) either totally accept that I have breasts or they are not around me for long. I am currently dating 2 very beautiful women, one was (and occasionally still) graces the pages of various fashion and glamour magazines, the other is a former Miss Universe contestant.

Just because I have breasts dose not mean less success with the Ladies or in business. it is ALL about attitude and a belief in yourself.

Offline gbm

• Posting Member
gbm,

I am and always have been single, I have fully developed 38D breasts (and they are still growing) on a 5' 8" 165lb (74.8kg) frame, so my breasts can be VERY noticeable. I am well over 60 and yet I date women between 37 and occasionally as old as 42, all are exceptionally beautiful, intelligent, well educated and successful.

Breasts have NOTHING to do with meeting and having a meaningful (and sometimes not so meaningful but a lot of fun) relationship. Most of the Ladies (and there are many) either totally accept that I have breasts or they are not around me for long. I am currently dating 2 very beautiful women, one was (and occasionally still) graces the pages of various fashion and glamour magazines, the other is a former Miss Universe contestant.

Just because I have breasts dose not mean less success with the Ladies or in business. it is ALL about attitude and a belief in yourself.

I'm sorry but i find that a little hard to believe unless your filthy rich. If its true big up to you man.

Offline gbm

• Posting Member
gbm said:

That is such an unhealthy attitude, I cannot believe it. So you want a female to choose you based strictly on appearance? Nevermind your personality, goals, and brain? Is that how you choose females - only appearance matters, nothing else?
Good luck with that type of relationship and life, 'cause we all get older, and appearance changes for the worse.
Like tigerpaws said, you need to see an expert, because your lifeview is seriously distorted.
B and my 0.02p or $0.03 - depending on where you live

I'm not looking for any relationships tbh, just a hit and run.

Offline TigerPaws

I'm sorry but i find that a little hard to believe unless your filthy rich. If its true big up to you man.
Being Rich is a matter of perspective, to someone earning nothing 100k a year is rich, to someone making 250k a year 1 mil is rich. Where dose it stop?

My 78' Yacht looks like a dingy next to the plethora of 200' plus boats here in the harbor, my Falcon 50 TransAtlantic Jet looks like a Sunday flyer next to the private and corporate 757's and 747's.

So what is Rich.

If all you want is a quick bang and go then the collages and universities are fertile hunting grounds, just remember that it is a numbers game, the more women you meet the better your odds.

Turn your perceived faults into an asset. the key is confidence, at 50 I gave up on bedding the under 30 crowd of women. Pretty yes, tight hard bodies certainly but eventually most men want to be around a Lady of substance and intelligence. Someone who knows how to dress, act and comport herself with grace and dignity in any setting. Intelligence, beauty, grace and charm are not mutually exclusive.

Women are the same worldwide, they have certain, wants, needs and desires. Play into those and you can bed all the women that you want.

Offline Alchemist

• Gold Member
gbm,

While I don't run my social life the way TigerPaws does, I have no reason at all to doubt what he says about it.  I've known plenty of people with plenty of money, and while that changes things in some ways, it changes nothing about men's breasts.  I've actually been trying to stay alive from medical problems that when I first read about the disorder decades ago, that there were "3 known adult survivors and they are institutionalized. because of the neurological damage".  I didn't decide that I would be better off dead because of breasts (D or DD my whole adult life dependent upon health related conditions, C cup by 7th grade.  I sure did get pissed off at the bullies, from coaches and gym teachers to multitudes of MALE students. Other males appear to be very threatened based on their reactions.  The girls on the other hand generally found me perfectly acceptable even when mine were bigger than theirs.  I also got plenty of offers of "you can feel mine if I can feel yours".  They were curious.

And at nudist clubs nobody at all gave a damn. And lot's of men have breasts or puffy nipples as the statistics would indicate. I would get a lot more dancing in at the clubs if I felt better about my dancing abilities.  I can't feel my feet well enough not to trample all over their feet sometimes.

I'm in a relationship, a really good one, that I wouldn't trade for anything, for the past decade and married for 30+ years before that which was good until my illness took much of my life away. 

Having breasts affected only one person, me.  Not one lady cared at all. They more likely caused opportunities I wouldn't have had otherwise.

I'm not in a hurry to die.  My body tend to stop working from almost anything, even medications. I am a poor risk for surgery.  It could be my life to get results that I can see from before and after pictures that would never be satisfying to me.  I've had to spend 3x as much on my teeth this last year as a double mastectomy would cost, and have been miserable for 6 months.

You do what you feel you must, it's your life.  I sincerely doubt that it will make the kind of difference with women you seem to think.  If your attitudes change the women's response will change.  That is true whether you have surgery or not. 

The difference I see from your answer is that it appears to be less PTSD from traumatic experiences and more body dysmorphic disorder from the stories you tell yourself.  There is no way that the body I was born with was ever going to fit some abstract "perfection".  I was lucky that it was reasonably functional most years.

Good luck in finding happiness.  I just don't think that things happen with women quite the way you think.

Offline nestingdoll

has anyone seen the trailer for Martin Clunes _ Doc Martin? He is a GP and a man shows him his breasts. Gyne seems to be popping out all over the TV schedules
ติดตามบล็อกเกมสนุกมันส์ๆได้ที่นี่
การพนันออนไลน์เดิมพันบอลออนไลน์เล่นคาสิโนออนไลน์

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024