Author Topic: A few questions about gyno surgery.  (Read 2834 times)

Offline Prod

Well after living with gyno since puberty, it really is starting to bug me and i want to get rid of it. Im 20 years old, 6'3", 250lbs 12%bf. im a bodybuilder and it never really bugged me and no one has ever said anything about it but i want to get rid of it. Its on my left side and its a hard gland thats about the size of a quarter.

So my questions is, i live in ontario, and there is a surgeon in my city, and on his site it says that some of his surgeries are covered by insurance. Im really hoping that gyno surgery is one of them, i will be contacting him later this week but i would like a heads up.

If not, how much im i expecting to pay, since im a student still living with my parents, it would be hard and i probably would push it till later.

Offline Dul11246

• Posting Member
Sorry man, the surgery will not be covered by the insurance companies.  I have never heard of one being covered.  Recently I had the surgery which was denied by my health provider, my father being a lawyer, we are in the process of filing the appeal but its not going to happen.  If they allow one surgery to be paid for, it would open the floodgates for thousands of others.  My surgery was glandular as well, not a major case, but one that meant alot to me.  It cost $6,000 US currency.  About the same in canada im assuming.  Good luck with it man, your case seems alot like mine, im in the post-op stages now and already MUCH happier with my body.

Offline dcvet

• Silver Member
>>About the same in canada im assuming<<

ah ha, assuming is usually a big mistake!!:)

Dr. Fielding in Toronto gets the majority of the surgery covered through OHIP (gland excision).  You only have to pay for the lipo. You're looking at about 1500 out of your pocket.  I paid 1590 last week with GST and Im getting the surgery done tomorrow...

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024