Author Topic: Which methods - confused ?  (Read 2511 times)

Offline Novartis

Hi

I am about to get my surgey, my problem is "puffy nipples". When it gets hot they look terrible - cold they look normal.

I have talked with two surgeon. One is saying he will take out ALL the gland/tissue stuff. The other surgeon is saying it is important to leave a little gland left to "support" the nipples - and also make sure no "crater" problem will arise.

I thinnk they both will target gland last - lipo first. Is that fine ?

What is the best solution ?

Also what is this surgeon saying ? Leave gland or not ?

From Michael Bermant
"Gland Needs to Be Left to Support Areola Misconception.

Some surgeon leave gland behind to support the nipple areola and not create a crater deformity. The problem is that this remaining gland does not compress like surrounding fat."

Offline Jballer16

From the research I've been doing , I say go with the second doctor. The reason why you don't want to take out all of the gland and tissue is because it will cause a crater as you have said. You want at least just a little bit of gland left to support your nipple up. Good luck with the surgery please let me know how it goes, I have the same problem you do too. Btw how much is it ?

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Over the years, I have come to the conclusion that I want to remove as much gland as possible.  I do this first starting with lipo and then targeting the gland under the areola.  I then, almost routinely, perform fat flaps so that the contours are smooth and the tissue directly under the nipples are soft fat.

After surgery, the areola will function normally, meaning that it will tighten and relax -- but not puff out -- depending upon the environment.

Dr Jacobs

Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024