Author Topic: One puffy nipple right after surgery  (Read 848 times)

Offline Lee1092

[font="Open Sans", sans-serif]So I had gyno surgery about 6 weeks ago. We agreed during consultations lipo and incision would be done.[/font][/color]
[font="Open Sans", sans-serif]Well the surgeon only did lipo. I told him the knots are still present and painful and we didnt do what was discussed. And I was unhappy.[/font][/color]
[font="Open Sans", sans-serif]So last week he went back in. Did more minor lipo and the incision for the glands. Right after surgery and today after getting stitches removed, I noticed the right nipple is completely flat and flush to my chest where the left is flat, but only on one side. Towards the inner chest at the bottom near the scar its puffy. [/font][/color]
[font="Open Sans", sans-serif]I find it odd that it's just that one area, especially the other being completely flat. The nipple also has a slight crease in it from the bottom being puffy. The doc said it's normal for it to be puffy, its swelling and normal on the crease because its healing and retracting in.[/font][/color]
[font="Open Sans", sans-serif]Is this right?? Is it normal for one side to swell and not the other, especially in one spot? Or was there tissue left behind.[/font][/color]
[font="Open Sans", sans-serif]Also will the crease flatten out?[/font][/color]
« Last Edit: August 08, 2018, 09:41:59 PM by Lee1092 »

Offline Litlriki

• Supporting Doctors
    • Dr. Silverman's Website
I can't really see any issues in the photos based on your description.  In any case, I'd encourage you to give some time for your results to become apparent. By now, you may have some resolution, but if not, post some follow up photos. 
Dr. Silverman, M.D.
Cosmetic and Reconstructive Plastic Surgery
29 Crafts Street
Suite 370
Newton, MA 02458
617-965-9500
800-785-7860
www.ricksilverman.com
www.gynecomastia-boston.com
rick@ricksilverman.com

Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery

Offline Dr. Schuster

• Supporting Doctors
    • www.CosmeticSurgeryBaltimore.com
I don't see anything alarming on your photos. Be patient and follow your surgeon's directions.
Dr. Schuster
Chief, Division of Plastic Surgery Northwest Hospital
Private practice in Baltimore, Maryland
10807 Falls Road
Lutherville, Maryland 21093
410-902-9800
email: info@drschuster.com

Offline DrPensler

• Supporting Doctors
    • gynecomastiachicago
I understand being upset when what was agreed to have occured did not. In any case its too early to do anything in a worse case scenario and too early to see the final result in a best case scenario. Sit tight and continue to monitor the situation.
Jay M. Pensler,M.D.
680 North Lake Shore Drive
suite 1125
Chicago,Illinois 60611
(312) 642-7777
http://www.gynecomastiachicago.com

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024