Author Topic: Unevenness  (Read 3489 times)

Offline Seattle000

• Bronze Member
A number of people on this board reported uneven pec sizes after surgery. What can be the reason?

I am two weeks post op and both of my pecs seem to be evenly sized, although if I stare at them for too long I think that my right side might be slightly bigger (very little though). The right side was originally (pre-op) bigger but my surgeon said that she’s going to even them out during surgery. I wonder if my right side seems bigger because I am right handed and my right pectoral muscle is bigger?

In case one side is in fact bigger than the other, is there anything that the doctor can do to even the pecs out shortly after surgery (massaging etc.) without having to perform another surgery?

Offline jc71

• Wilma, grab the lotion, we're going to the beach!
I think you need to decide why the right side is bigger.  Is it what you suspect in that you're right handed and the right pec is bigger than the left.  If that's the case, what do you want the PS to do, cut out some muscle?  Maybe a small pec implants in the left side to even out the muscle.

The fact that you have to stare at it to see any difference is a good sign.  Don't worry about it.  :)

Offline vaio

• Gyne free, is the way to be!
Could be due to swelling. I noticed that also post op. It is all evened up now at 4 weeks.
$2,800 = Freedom!

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/vaiomanfree/album?.dir=7e36&.src=ph&am p;store=&prodid=&.done=http%3a//pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/vaiomanfree/my_photos

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
A certain amount of assymetry is normal.

You may find that if you seriously study the face of someone you think is very attractive, it is not symetrical.

Commonly, any of the following will be found if you really look closely.

One eye is smaller than the other.

One ear is smaller than the other.

The eyes (or ears) are at different heights.

The line from the center of the Brow, Tip of Nose, Center of upper lip, Center of lower lip, Center of chin------is usually not a straight line.

It is not uncommon for one foot to be 1/2 size larger than the other.

Artists and Photographers know this and seldom use a straight-on full face portrait as a result,  The semi-profile usually looks much better.

Unless the disparity is great, no one other than yourself will probably ever notice.
Grandpa Dan

Offline Seattle000

• Bronze Member
I’m in some sense a perfectionist ;) Is there anything that can be done to correct the slight asymmetry? (like massaging one side?)
« Last Edit: April 01, 2005, 04:24:03 AM by Seattle000 »

Offline JTZ

• Bronze Member
Seattle,

You probably still have some swelling remaining since your surgery wasn't too long ago. They should even out more with time.

If there is still some noticeable asymmetry between your pecs, you'll have to work the smaller pec more at the gym.  :)

JTZ
ps - I too live in Seattle. I have a consultation with Dr. Marosan in Bellevue next week.

Offline vaio

• Gyne free, is the way to be!
You should try a transdermal fat burner.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024