Author Topic: Is surgery in Poland a 'no-go' now?  (Read 15136 times)

Offline d-s-m

• Posting Member
Hey all, so I've wanted the gyno surgery for a fair few years now but kept getting fobbed off by the nhs and could never afford to go private, well I recently came into some money.....enough to pay for poland surgery, but not uk surgery. I remember when I first started lurking on here everyone was talking about getting the surgery in poland and how great it was, now the very few new-ish threads im seeing about poland all seem to be negative which obviously puts me off  :-\

So now I'm caught in 2 minds, should i risk it in poland while i have the money, or not go and not have the surgery done at all? (as uk prices are out of question for me)

Whats the verdict guys?

thank

Offline kingboob

Stick the money in a bank account and keep saving would be my advice.......... well, actually at the moment it would probably be safer under your bed, but you get the idea.

Doing a quick search reveals that quite a few people have been to see this Baranski guy in Poland and come back less than satisfied, and when you consider he basically does not offer free revisions you could end up out of pocket.

I would save up and have it done in the UK, but that is easy to say for me since I am post op and no longer living with man boobs.

What about Benito / Spain, I believe a few people have been very happy with the results they have had over there....... £2800 area I believe, that might be more realistic than the 4k it would cost in England?

Offline kingboob

Oh, and I would also add that I don't know what the exhange rate it like anymore from pounds to euros or whatever,  I know the pound is getting weaker vs the Dollar at the moment.

That could reduce the spending power a bit?

Offline d-s-m

• Posting Member
Ok thanks kingboob, yeah this Benito guy seems good, but does the £2800 cover everything or is that just for the operation itself?

Also how do you go about arranging it? For instance do I need to go to Spain for a consultation or something?

thanks

Offline outertrial

Ok thanks kingboob, yeah this Benito guy seems good, but does the £2800 cover everything or is that just for the operation itself?

Also how do you go about arranging it? For instance do I need to go to Spain for a consultation or something?

thanks

Info in my sig.

Offline PaulSW

• Silver Member
Just to add to the above comments

Dr Benito prefers his payment in pounds rather than euros so don't let the exchange put you off.

I have recently been to see him because i need a revision on one side and he is not charging me for his services I only have to pay the hospital fee.

You see him initially on Harley street in London or can send him photos etc for his opinion first.
Surgery DEC 07 Dr Benito
Revision March 09 Dr Benito
Injection for scar tissue March 2011 Dr Levick

Pictures - http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=12440.0

Offline kingboob

Just to add to the above comments

Dr Benito prefers his payment in pounds rather than euros so don't let the exchange put you off.

I have recently been to see him because i need a revision on one side and he is not charging me for his services I only have to pay the hospital fee.

You see him initially on Harley street in London or can send him photos etc for his opinion first.

Just out of interest, what sort of money are the hospital fees for the over night stay?

Offline outertrial

I remember when I first started lurking on here everyone was talking about getting the surgery in poland and how great it was, now the very few new-ish threads im seeing about poland all seem to be negative which obviously puts me off  :-\

I dont remember anyone talking about how great it was. I remember a lot of people talking about how great it was that it was so cheap, talking eachother into a frenzy of excitement where any kind of common sense warnings about flying to what is still a borderline developing country top pay about £3.75 on invasive surgery were totally ignored, and then coming back disappointed and trying to pin people down by email so that they could fly back to poland for a revision. I think one guy went back twice and still wasnt happy.  Repeat until skint or out of annual leave basically.

One plus point was that the care in the clinic was apparently good and  no one complained of a botched job, just mostly that there was very little difference between before and after. Rendering the whole exercise rather pointless.

You buy cheap you buy twice.

Offline d-s-m

• Posting Member
Point taken, sounds like Poland is a definite no-go then.

Now I'm just trying to weigh up wether to go with Benito or get it done locally, although Benito is cheaper theres the flights and travel to London for the consultation and post surgery check-ups, this could take the price well into the mid £3000's, (plus of course the added stress of having to go abroad to have the surgery) or I could get it done locally for just under £4000, although I dont know anything about local surgeons who do this, I shall speak with my GP about it, when I get some more cash together.

Offline outertrial

I'd honestly see a few people and go with the one you think is best. I ended up with dr Benito because I personally felt he gave the best consultation and it was worth travelling out of the country to be operated on by him (follow ups are in london btw) . Apparently Karadis is very good too.

The other thing I really didnt like about the poland thing was that you cant meet the surgeon before deciding if you want it, well you can change your mind but youre emotionally pretty committed.

Offline kingboob

I'd honestly see a few people and go with the one you think is best. I ended up with dr Benito because I personally felt he gave the best consultation and it was worth travelling out of the country to be operated on by him (follow ups are in london btw) . Apparently Karadis is very good too.

The other thing I really didnt like about the poland thing was that you cant meet the surgeon before deciding if you want it, well you can change your mind but youre emotionally pretty committed.

I'm glad someone shares my point of view on the whole Poland thing.....

I mean, I considered it myself but I was desperate, and that is my point really, you have to be very, very desperate or have complete disregard for you own wellbeing. 

I know it is so unlikely, but what happens if it all goes wrong?  I doubt they have facilities if something bad does happen, there would be no friendly NHS hospital 5 miles down the road either, you would be totally shafted.

How do you check the  surgeons qualifications?  What happens if it is a botch job (ie: are they insured, can you sue?), foreign country, language issues, etc etc etc.

Totally bonkers and not worth the risk IMO.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2008, 03:00:03 PM by kingboob »

Offline outertrial

Actually I wondered what would happen if I had a medical emergency while being operated on in Spain, but my wife pointed out that at least if I ended up in a Barcelona nhs hospital I wouldnt catch  MRSA or some variety of a  17th century airborne disease like you get in the hospitals here. So I made sure I had an EHIC card and didnt worry about it!

But yeah - I was able to check out the surgeon and the clinic before hand, I would have been worried otherwise.

That Poland place is in the middle of nowhere as well, you have to fly to Germany and then take a taxi for two hours I believe - if it was somewhere renowned in Warsaw I could see the attraction more.

Offline PaulSW

• Silver Member
Just out of interest, what sort of money are the hospital fees for the over night stay?

800 pounds for the operating theater and the hospital fees having my revision done under local so no anesthetic fees on that

Offline april24th2007

• Gold Member
From what I've read, the people (including myself) who went to poland and only got excision were not happy.  Myself saw only 10% improvement.  However, the people who got excision and lipo by Baranski were satisfied and saw major improvement.

Its true that if he offered free revision then it would be more attractive because already its pretty cheap.  The clinic and people were top notch.  Cannot complain about the service from nurses to food.  They actually have more staff than patients at that clinic.

Someone should speak to Baranski about free revisions.  Or to Andreas (the guy who coordinates the surgeries).

Another cheap option is Brussels.  Its 2,150 Euros.

Offline NotFedup

• Gold Member
  • Surgery in Poland By Dr Baranski 24th Oct 2006
I remember when I first started lurking on here everyone was talking about getting the surgery in poland and how great it was, now the very few new-ish threads im seeing about poland all seem to be negative which obviously puts me off  :-\

I dont remember anyone talking about how great it was. I remember a lot of people talking about how great it was that it was so cheap, talking eachother into a frenzy of excitement where any kind of common sense warnings about flying to what is still a borderline developing country top pay about £3.75 on invasive surgery were totally ignored, and then coming back disappointed and trying to pin people down by email so that they could fly back to poland for a revision. I think one guy went back twice and still wasnt happy.  Repeat until skint or out of annual leave basically.

One plus point was that the care in the clinic was apparently good and  no one complained of a botched job, just mostly that there was very little difference between before and after. Rendering the whole exercise rather pointless.

You buy cheap you buy twice.

I cant believe this idiot is still here talking Bollox  (you cant have forgotten me!)
I went to Poland and it was 2 years last friday since i had lipo and excision
but i dont frequent these boards nowadays thanks to Dr Baranski getting rid of my moobs.
I feel that gynecomastia is now in my past and i live everyday with a perfectly flat chest.
I sometimes lay in bed rubbing my hands over my perfect chest remembering how horrible and wobbly it used to be.
£1200 it cost me to get my moobs removed and with carefull excercise and diet my chest is now 100% perfect (12 months ago i wasnt 100%  happy)
now im 100% happy and i have to say its the best thing that ever happened to me :)
ill probably not be around here until next october when my 3rd anniversay without breasts comes up.
But dont be put off by these brainwashing tw@ts that are on commission from other plastic surgeons that charge a big wad more
take it from someone who is cured and only comes here once in a while  as he gets on with his life without moobs.
thanks again Dr Baranski for giving me my life back :)
losing my moobs was almost as painless as losing my sanity

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024