Author Topic: Do we really need to wear a bra  (Read 10476 times)

Blousbunnys

I agree with Hammer.  As long as I don't wear tight fitting or thin shirts my bras actually make my breasts less obvious.
I have been told on more than one occasion that I look fit and must work out. I do exercise but I don't pump iron.
I think of a bra as a double barreled athletic supporter for my chest.
I know it is  difficult but Hammer gave  good advice. A bra fitting will really help. I have mine at Lane Bryant. Not only are they accepting of men with gynocomastia, I have been told I am not their only male customer. An added bonus, they carry bras in larger band sizes.

Offline island dude

• Posting Member
As it has been said more than a few times on this site, people are not looking to see how many men have Breast development, let alone if one is wearing a bra. While eating at a local BBQ place, I had not noticed a young man ( mid to late twenties) as I do not go in search for men with breast. But as this man got up several times he would pull at his T-shirt to get it away from the center of his chest where it made the breast stand out. Had he just left the shirt alone he would have been far better off, at least from my point of view. Weather we choose to wear a bra or not, if one can go on about their business, others have things on their mind rather than if you or I have breast.  If I choose to wear that's to my benefit, controls movement, supports weight, and has no ill effect on anyone else.

Maxx

All good stuff guys.

I think if my wife actually participates in the process of bra selection (she offered to get a bunch from Kohl's and bring them home for me to try) then maybe I can get past my fear/embarrassment/etc...at least around the house. Finding the right one that fits will probably offer enough benefit that I may give it a serious try.

I work from home mostly, so 90% of the time I am not visible to anyone. But, when I am, I am in front of 100's+ of people (musician). Hard to keep my right boob from resting on my guitar body. Particularly when I play sitting down.

The bigger problem of pain is really my neck and shoulders. I suspect I have developed an unconscious "slouch" to try and be less obvious. Probably not helping my back at all.

I dont really flop around that much. Breast tissue is very firm and dense...per several mammogram reports I have had. Always say "marked" gynecomastia with 50-75% dense glandular tissue.

If I didnt have such a big mid-section, my chest would look enormous. But, my breasts are wide set, so that helps avoid the cleavage thing. Although, I end up with part of the breasts under my arm pits. I really cant stand that feeling. Nipples are a whole different story.

I am stopping Testosterone replacement, and i suspect I am going to get a growth burst for a while.

Offline HairyKnockers

• Bronze Member
I was working out in the garage last weekend and came in to clean up because we were going somewhere.  I stripped off my shirt and was washing up at one of the sinks in our master bathroom.  My wife walked up to use the other sink and watched me in the mirror across the back of the vanity.   She sighed, shook her head and said with some irony, “You might want to seriously consider a bra.”

“Why?  They aren’t that big, probably B’s at the most.  I certainly don’t need a bra!” was my answer.

In a rather disgusted tone, that one that a wife uses with her husband, “Those things haven’t been B cups in a long time.  And you haven’t had abs since I can’t remember when; unless they are hiding under that stomach somewhere.  Maybe you should get a girdle to go along with that bra.”

I continued vigorously scrubbing my hands and forearms.  Looking at myself in the mirror I now noticed my breasts hanging down and swaying all over the place.  Oh my god, I do need a bra.

That night dinner was a small piece of grilled chicken and a small salad.  My wife told me that would be the size of my dinner until I dropped the extra 25 pounds she had been bugging me about for some time.  A couple hours after dinner I went foraging in the kitchen, she told me not to bother the cookies went out to the trash.  It is only the last few years that I have had a weight problem and oh do I hate diets!

So we’ll see if the new diet and exercise, which I haven’t done for too long, will work or if I just give up, get a bra and girdle.

hammer

Remember Hairy, for most of us as we lost weight our breast just looked, if not actually got bigger!

Good luck anyway, weight lost is still a healthy lifestyle no matter which way you look at it, big or bigger boobs, lol.

Bob

aboywithgirls

That's exactly what happened to me, Hammer. I dropped 30 pounds. I lost most of the belly and love handles which was great! The down side was, I also dropped a band size and went up a cup size. I went from a 38F to a 36G  (which is actually the same cup size, just looks bigger because of "sister sizing").
I'm wearing a 36I now,in one of my bras and H cups in most others. I'm okay with it. While it wasn't my choice to grow breasts, it was my choice to keep them. 

Offline Boomer

• Posting Member
I have read that losing weight can increase your bust size. Again what I have read, It's due to fat cells being estrogen stores also. If someone can confirm that would be great. Thankfully, I'm at a good weight. Now just to keep it on properly, unlike others I stress starve.  Going on a healthy diet is helpful no matter what you do. Just watch how you do it.

Boomer

Offline Alchemist

• Gold Member
I have read that losing weight can increase your bust size. Again what I have read, It's due to fat cells being estrogen stores also. If someone can confirm that would be great. Thankfully, I'm at a good weight. Now just to keep it on properly, unlike others I stress starve.  Going on a healthy diet is helpful no matter what you do. Just watch how you do it.

Boomer

For me loosing weight was like a shallow island getting more exposed  as my breasts emerged from the fat of the stomach.  So I lost 4 inches in band size and half a cup from subcutaneous fat and gained 2 cup sizes for going down 4 band inches.  All in all they stick out more than an inch further.  I didn't realize until the other day just how much was under my arm. What ever.  I have much more important medical problems to deal with than a cosmetic situation than I will die with, hopefully later than sooner.

aboywithgirls

Its great that you mentioned shirts that have more room in the breast area. I found that Torrid has great line blouses that I find are perfect for me.

Just for context, I was just fitted for an Elomi in a 38I (US) sizing. Even at my size, Torrid has a line called "Camp Shirts ". These are plaid, button downs that not only provide ample room in the bust, the plaid also lessens the appearance of the bust. They also actually fit in the waist, neck and shoulders. Yes, technically you're wearing a blouse but, at least it fits.

Offline helie31

Definitely. I have spent years trying to find a good bra that fits big lats! The struggle is real.

I have lots of different brands I love my upliftedlingerie. Since I just tried for the first time till now I've been sleeping in it since after having my first kid almost 5 years ago. I can't sleep without it. Nothing to do with looks, I just find it so much more comfortable to not be "bouncing around". There are nights when I've not had a clean one and I tried to sleep without it, and I can't.

Offline gotgyne

I don't think so. There are a lot of women even with C or D cup breasts who don't wear bras. Dr. Susan Love wrote in her "Breast Book" that there is no medical reason to wear a bra. And don't forget that women in tribal communities of Africa or Papua New Guinea didn't wear bras or other pieces of support until their contact with the so-called 'civilized' white missionaries.

So in my opinion we don't need to wear bras but with larger breasts they may be comfortable. That's all.
A bra is just an article of clothing for people with breasts.

Offline blad

I don't think so. There are a lot of women even with C or D cup breasts who don't wear bras. Dr. Susan Love wrote in her "Breast Book" that there is no medical reason to wear a bra. And don't forget that women in tribal communities of Africa or Papua New Guinea didn't wear bras or other pieces of support until their contact with the so-called 'civilized' white missionaries.

So in my opinion we don't need to wear bras but with larger breasts they may be comfortable. That's all.
I guess the point has always been that unsupported breasts bounce around and can be annoying. A bra definitely helps here.

The other aspect often noted is that a bra often helps with visual presentation and shaping. 

Has anyone died from not wearing a bra, probably not. Is it absolutely necessary, probably not. Is is desirable to wear one, yes for most women and a few men.

Tribes in Papua New Guinea did not use an iPad either, but once they were introduced they embraced it and are now all on Facebook. 
If the bra fits, wear it.

aboywithgirls

Hey fellas!🤗

I found this article for the reasons you may want to consider supporting your girls. It really gets to the benefits of wear a bra 👙

I hope this help🤗🥰😍🤗

Love yah guys!

Sophie ❤️

Gino

OP, your wife is on point and it sounds like you have already come to grips with the issues involved. 

Offline Lbrown

• Posting Member
I haven't seen anyone discuss this. I have shoulder pain; quite severe at times. My doc thought it was a torn rotator cuff, but after tests, decided it was a pinched nerve. About all I can do is treat the symptoms. I have discovered that when I put on a sports bra, the pain subsides within minutes. I can only guess that my breasts are pulling forward and down on my shoulders and the bra helps pull them up and back. I don't think I'm that big (42B), but it really does make a difference.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024