Author Topic: 6 weeks post-op: glandular tissue or scar tissue - how to be sure?  (Read 5214 times)

Offline outofshape

• Posting Member
I'm 6 weeks post-op and i feel bumps just like glandular tissue under my nipples. I felt those bumps right after surgery and when  i questioned the surgeon about it he told me it was swelling.
The nipples are a bit puffy.

The swelling on my chest is gone so why are the glandular-like bumps still there? Also, scar tissue doesn't develop right after surgery so it must be glandular tissue although he assured me he removed everything.

I'm going to visit him at the end of the month so i want to prepare myself if he tries to calm me down by saying it's swelling.

Am i right that scar tissue doesn't develop overnight?

Is there any way to check if it's scar tissue or glandular tissue? Perhaps with an x-ray or mammogram? (I had one before, it was a bit painful but it showed the glandular tissue well.)

Offline xelnaga13

I can only offer my experience. I have had 2 gyno surgeries. My chest was flat with nothing there for many weeks after. Then the scar tissue matured and it begins to feel like you have a "gland". It always amazes me that a surgeon would leave more than they had to. My 2nd surgeon assured me pre opt that he would leave the absolute minimal amt.

Offline outofshape

• Posting Member
Did your second surgeon remove scar tissue only? Or a combination of scar tissue and glandular tissue?
Did you look into the option of treating the scar tissue under the nipples with cortisone injections or soundwaves?

Offline nitrox987

• Bronze Member
Does it affect your contour or do you only feel these bumps when touching your chest?
I had a few small bumps I could feel but they didn't affect my contour at all so I was not really worried.
During a visit I mentioned it to my surgeon and he told me this would go away with time and sure enough, few weeks after they were gone.
If it doesn't affect your contour I wouldn't worry about it, if it does bring it up to your surgeon during your next visit.

Offline outofshape

• Posting Member
It does effect my contour. The bumps are quite large and circular just like glandular tissue.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024