Author Topic: My Surgery with Karidis - 24.04.2012 - updated with 2 week post op pics  (Read 9928 times)

Offline sparta

• Bronze Member
from the pics your nipples dont look too bad. all part of the recovery process i guess

my plan for my compression vest is wear it for 2 weeks 24/7 and then sleep in it for 2 more weeks

what are you going to be massaging with? any particular product you have bought?

Offline rasputin

• Silver Member
Hey man, you'll probably hate to hear this but I can't see any problems at all - when you know it's there you can see a tiny crease but that's going to go over time and there's no way anyone else would notice. Also the contouring seems very normal but can imagine when it's your own body it'll feel like it's been torn to pieces.

When you go for so long with gyne post-op is always going to cause a lot of anxiety. You look good and in a month you'll be annoyed at yourself for getting stressed out :)

Keep us posted anyway, if I could get the results you've had I would be happy :)
My Trip Report (Preop & Postop pics).

Offline thetodd

I posted this a few weeks ago on someone else's thread and a few people agreed, this is what i said regarding recovery

The day after surgery is the most flat you're going to see your chest, depending how the surgery has been performed when you take off the bandages youl be left with a smooth chest. This is down to a few things but it comes out un-naturally flat and its a huge change. Its sort of euphoric and you go to bed thinking "well thats sorted then".

A few days pass, you look in the mirror and see some swelling. This is where i first had my doubts

"have i wasted my money?"
"Is it reoccuring?"

Few weeks pass, you're losing sleep due to the vest and the swelling goes and now you can feel scar tissue when you are massaging. That initial euphoria has long gone and your feeling worse than before the surgery. All i can say is there is just a point where your emotions balance out and you accept your chest, and then all of a sudden you notice your chest is now "Normal" and you can carry on living your life. I mean if you look at my thread surgery threads youl see my have doubts and then just realise that im actually gyne free.

Its not a case of personal loss, or how hard your life is. When a part of your body changes overnight your brain just doesnt adjust to it that quickly. Ive seen lads who have been whipping there tops off in three months some take a year or so. But you will get there

Your nipples are fine, you are recovering if you have mirrors in your room move them out and don't worry about it.
Surgery With Alex Karidis - 16/05/09 - Completed!
http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=17738.0

Offline ChestMan

• Silver Member
Guys, thanks for your ongoing support. I know I have to be patient and time should see things improve. My wife thinks my creases are the least of my problems and anyone's eyes are going to be drawn to my third nipple....not my areolas ???

thetodd - I've told myself not to look in the mirror anymore...It's hard when I actually like looking at my chest for once in my life... :)

3 week update

I pretty much have a full range of motion and can stretch my arms high above my head (although I do feel a strange stiff feeling across my chest when I do this).  There is very little scar tissue on the left side, the right side has a fair amount. Chest is still sore in places and I think it might be too tender to massage. I have massaged a little, but my it makes things sore and red. I am struggling to tell what is scar tissue and muscle, so I tend to flex and then look for the lumps to attack. I don't think I'll be doing any chest workouts for at least a month.

The Nipple/areaola creases haven't really improved, although the right incision has healed a little better, but still looks like it is a little open. As the incision is sitting in the recess of the crease, I think this is adding to this 'not healed' phenomena.

Good news is that I'm still flat! From tomorrow, I'm only going to wear the vest at night (I've had it on 24/7 for 3 weeks now). Going to start cardio from tomorrow too - I feel like I have a 'blank canvass' now that the gyne is gone and no excuses for not getting in shape.

Offline Imbackagain

• Bronze Member
Hey how you getting on, I'm assuming no news is good new right?

Offline sawyer

• Silver Member

Offline ChestMan

• Silver Member

I'll post a proper update soon when I get time. But all these years on - NO REGRETS.
Best thing I have ever done (aside from having kids etc).

Offline sawyer

• Silver Member

I'll post a proper update soon when I get time. But all these years on - NO REGRETS.

Nice one man, glad you replied!
Did the whole nipple crease thing sort itself out?

I'm waiting to book a consult after a good 10 years of research, and I'm going back on basically every Karidis thread to see how they turned out.

neverlookback

hows life been chestman? I've got my consultation with Karidis next week 

Offline ParkedOutside

• Posting Member

Any update? :)

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024