Author Topic: What Is It About Wearing A Brassiere That You Like?  (Read 1756 times)

Offline WPW717

• Silver Member
Always learning …

Mine a very wide set and and have a wide base

The HD sports bras do nothing to gather

I will have to get an underwire with’ side panels’ ? An extra item or built in ?
Regards, Bob

Offline Johndoe1

Just another style. You can Google side support bra. 
Womanhood is not defined by breasts, and breasts are not indicative of womanhood. - Melissa Fabello

Offline Gotboobs

• Silver Member
I get a lot more looks at my chest braless. Nipples show, and the movement get way more looks than wearing a bra. So bra all the time while out in public 

Offline gotgyne

Three reasons: Support for my breasts, I like the feeling and I like to be in contact with my feminine side.
A bra is just an article of clothing for people with breasts.

Online Justagirl💃

• When life gives you curves, Flaunt them! 🤗
Always learning …

Mine a very wide set and and have a wide base

The HD sports bras do nothing to gather

I will have to get an underwire with’ side panels’ ? An extra item or built in ?
The Torrid brand 360 line of bras provide the underwire support and decent side panels. If you get "front closing", the clasping device spreads the cups further apart and better fitting wider set breasts.

https://www.torrid.com/product/t-shirt-lightly-lined-smooth-front-close-360%C2%B0-back-smoothing-bra/16477915.html?utm_source=goog&utm_medium=pla&utm_campaign=gm_ntg_shop&utm_content=19919556198_147770823357_653404317009&ogmap=PLA|GOOG|GOOG|NTG|m|CrossCategory|SITEWIDE|19919556198|147770823357|&gclid=Cj0KCQjwldKmBhCCARIsAP-0rfxP5GarwMVE_2TjR_Oc7MVWXScItul7WEIdb4202LQhrDJXWGn1iJcaAknPEALw_wcB
When life gives you curves,
flaunt them! 💃
💋Birdie💋

Offline Evolver

• Gold Member
But if I don't NEED to wear a brassiere, why did I put one on this morning?  What is it about wearing a brassiere that leads me to taking one out of the drawer and putting it on?  As I've gone about my morning I've been aware of how the band wrapping around my chest applies gentle pressure.  It almost feels like I'm being hugged but the hugging doesn't stop... it continues.  There is a light pressure on my shoulders from the straps from the band at the back to the tops of each brassiere cup. 
THIS.

I wear a brassiere more for my brain than my breasts. The constant physical reminder that I am wearing one only adds to the mental reminder that I should. It provides comfort, period.

Like 42C, I can justify wearing one because of my breast tissue but I don't actually have to for utilitarian reasons...but he has a greater need than I do. ;)

Offline Busty

So nice to see a vibrant thread.  

I wear a bra for pretty much, the same reasons as women do, for comfort and appearance, and for the confidence it gives me.

It feels good to be supported, no more uncomfortable, jiggling and bouncing, no sore breast tissue, no chapped nipples, no back pain. 

I feel good about myself, knowing abroad, gives me a much more put together and polished work, everything nicely held in place with no more movement on my chest to draw attention. No high, beaming with my nipples poking through my tops

Online Justagirl💃

So nice to see a vibrant thread. 
Yes, it seems the days of talking about estrogen's effect on "much more" than just the physical have faded into almost oblivia. 

Much conflict was the result of my transitioning on this forum, and myself and others felt the need to remove ourselves because of it. Some of us have since returned, at least one special member in all our hearts has not. 

I have however watched what I post so a not to be accused of "grooming" anyone. But the effects estrogen has on a person are undeniable. In reality these things should be talked about on a gynecomastia site. 

The box of tissues as we watch a sad movie, and the addition of vibrant colors to our wardrobe if we are so brave. 
Differing likes and hobbies riddle some of us as well. 

Let's not forget shopping across the aisle in the women's department, for many of us it's one of the only places we shop, even those that will never transition. 

Many vibrant threads were the result of adding depth and dimension to the conversation by talking about everything from crying at weddings to sex. 

All natural effects that estrogen has on us to varying degrees whether we wish to accept it or not.

No one needs to follow my path as a "trans woman", but at least accept that my path is one of many "possible outcomes" off this estrogen highway. 

As I watch the forum trickle down to a crawl, I can't help but think that the self-righteous among us have done more harm than good. 

Offline Gino

• Posting Member
Since my breasts are still growing and painful / sensitive I'm resigned to wearing a bra almost full time to keep pressure on them which helps a lot. 

First and foremost wearing a bra minimizes painful interaction with my looser clothing and nipples which I like a lot. The sweat in my under folds is absorbed by a bra and the inner pain is minimized almost like a gentle hug would. Maybe a better name for a bra would be a "hug"? :-)

Lastly, I've never looked in a mirror and actually liked any aspect of my reflection, I was surprised that wearing a bra changed that a bit in the positive direction. 

Offline benusa

• Silver Member
Hi Gino,
I agree with what you said about feeling the pressure. Some days I need to feel squeezed. I’m wearing one of those supportive underwires now that I’m home from work. My perspective also changed when I tried a bra for the first time.
-Ben

Offline Sophie

• Silver Member
My reasons for wearing a bra and what I wear for a bra has changed over the 35 years that I been wearing bras. However the fundamental reason is still the same. I have big boobs! 

My puberty resembled a much more feminine puberty than a masculine one. I was budding around 10 or 11 and by the time I was 12 my mother suggested that I try a bra. When I was 16 I was wearing a bra full time. At that time it was more or less for support and control. 

I did go through a phase of wearing sports bras to try and make my breasts less noticeable in my 20s. However, I found them to constricting to wear all day. I went back to wearing underwire bras as my breasts continued to grow. I also found that it wasn’t just the support that I wanted and needed.  I was also wanting a nice shape. I found myself taking pride in what I was blessed with. I also started wearing more women's clothing to accommodate my curves. I was wearing ladies slacks and blouse the first time that I met my wife too.

I wore women's clothing for well over a decade before I transitioned  MTF. Now, it's an expectation of society that I wear a bra. It's also a policy wear I work. I wear a 36H in most of my bras so it really is a must and makes it possible to get through my work day.

♥️Sophie♥️

Online Justagirl💃

I found myself taking pride in what I was blessed with. I also started wearing more women's clothing to accommodate my curves.

♥️Sophie♥️
Yes, I'm also very proud of what I have at a DD/DDD (depending on the bra). 
I'm also 100% off the women's rack. 
There is nothing wrong with loving your body for just what it is, and taking pride in it. 

Offline kbill2

• Posting Member
My situation is a bit different, but the main reason I wear a bra is for support. My best fitting bra now is a 48a racerback front closing style.  A couple years ago, I had a single bypass graft that was robot-assisted.  The long incision (3") was right across the bottom part of my left breast.  Right after the surgery, I noticed that it felt like the breast was "tugging" a bit like some of the connections had been cut and today it feels like they have never regrown.  The sensation is not painful unless I get a lot of unsupported bouncing (think bumpy road), but it is annoying to the degree I don't want to just tolerate it.  When I go out, I typically were a thin t-shirt and a button front solar resistant shirt over it which keeps my bra anonymous.  I live in the tropics in Latin America, so I am a bit concerned about how my bra-wearing would be seen with very macho male natives.

Haven't posted for a while, but wanted to air this out if anyone had a similar situation and/or any suggestions. 

Thanks for the opening.  

Offline HeldUp

• Silver Member
The isolation, as in keeping the bounce and sway under control, is the main reason. I like underwire, not because I need the support as much (B cup), but because you get more with less; wireless bras seem to need more material and sports bras are overly constrictive and sweaty. I get heat rash/eczema pretty easily; I can wear an underwire all day long and not have a problem, but 30/45 minutes on the bike with a sports bra I'll get a reaction at the band.

Offline Pendulums

Three reasons: Support for my breasts, I like the feeling and I like to be in contact with my feminine side.

Same here. 

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024