Author Topic: swelling or permanent?  (Read 2495 times)

Offline tylerhen

• Posting Member
I got gyno surgery on both nipples a week ago.  I get the stitches out today, etc.  My gyno was mild.  Just puffiness mostly. 

I had very little swelling or bruising except a little below the peck and more on my ribs under my arms, and to the outside of the peck, also near the under arms.  I thought that was kind of strange, but I'm not a doctor. 

So it's been a week, but that area to the side of the peck hasn't changed.  It's kind of a bulge.  Do you think that is swelling and it will go away with time?  It is near the most bruised part.  It doesn't feel like loose skin or anything.  Feels pretty solid underneath.  How much change can I expect after the first week? 

Thanks for the help!  This is a great resource!!!

Offline Sid Farkus

• Posting Member
    • My Surgery Pics - Gynecomastia & Lipo on Abs & Flanks - Dr. Delgado, 1/8/15
Hi tylerhen. Congrats on your surgery!

Have you talked to your surgeon about your concerns? You said that you got your stitches out the day you posted this, so I'm assuming your surgeon would have noticed if anything was abnormal.

I'm not a doctor either, but my understanding is that you have to be patient. After only one week most people are still going to have bruising and swelling, and for whatever reason the bruising and swelling can appear in seemingly random places. I was told that the swelling would remain, and even get worse, over the course of at least several weeks. It takes time to see your final results. So just make sure you're following all of your doctor's instructions and be patient.

Now, if you do fear that something is really abnormal or excessively painful I would definitely contact your surgeon, if only for peace of mind.

Otherwise, you could try posting pics over on the "Ask a Doctor" section.

Best of luck!

Offline Bobby - LAgyne

• Gold Member
I got gyno surgery on both nipples a week ago.  I get the stitches out today, etc.  My gyno was mild.  Just puffiness mostly. 

I had very little swelling or bruising except a little below the peck and more on my ribs under my arms, and to the outside of the peck, also near the under arms.  I thought that was kind of strange, but I'm not a doctor. 

So it's been a week, but that area to the side of the peck hasn't changed.  It's kind of a bulge.  Do you think that is swelling and it will go away with time?  It is near the most bruised part.  It doesn't feel like loose skin or anything.  Feels pretty solid underneath.  How much change can I expect after the first week? 

Thanks for the help!  This is a great resource!!!

Congrats on your surgery.  In my case, I started noticing some bumps and lumps below the areola.  I contacted my surgeon, and he told me it's normal and I should give it some time.  It's all gone now at week 4.

Good luck on your recovery.  DO you mind sharing some before / after photos?

---Bobby

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
Post operative swelling is normal. It will diminish in time.
Grandpa Dan

Offline tylerhen

• Posting Member
It's been about two months since my surgery.  I still have bulges below each peck.  They are sort of soft and sort of hard.  Can't tell if it's swelling, scar tissue or what.  This is in an area where there was no gyno, where the peck meets the abdomen.  It's also the area that pulls the most when I lift my arms high above my head.  Seems like it's turning out to be the last thing to heal.  It's also the most sensitive area.   

Has anybody experienced this?  Did it go away? 

Unfortunately I didn't take any pictures.  My case was very minimal so I didn't bother. 

Thanks for any help.   

Offline Tonyp1

• Posting Member
I have a lot of firm swelling below my nipple and toward my sternum on my chest.  almost feels like my whole rib below my nipple is raised.  I can push the tissue and fat away and it immobile and raised, stuck to my chest wall.  Not sure what it is, but I hoping it goes away because it's vissible through a t-shirt   One month post op.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024