Author Topic: How to get referred for surgery through NHS?  (Read 1538 times)

Offline Gyne-Sucks

• Bronze Member
Hey guys,

been on this forum a while however only ever post every so often. i am 19 years old and have had Gynecomastia for what seems like forever... i first noticed it at about 13/14 years old. however i was a late bloomer in puberty and to my knowledge had not quite hit puberty by this point, i had no other signs at all... although i do blame my gynecomastia on puberty it seems like it occurred before puberty.

When i was roughly 16/17 years old i had a growth spurt. i was 5'3 and about 13 stone... i am now 6ft and 12.8 stone... obviously growing i lost weight and became leaner, however the gynecomastia became more noticeable.

i currently go to the gym and people are starting to comment on the size of my arms, shoulders etc... due to the increased muscle mass. my theory is; if my shoulders, arms etc... gain in size it will take attention off my chest and/or will make me look like i have pecs, as my gynecomastia is weird; by this i mean if didnt have puffy nipples it would look like i have pecs due to the shape of my chest and muscle already developed there. what makes my chest look bad is the fact i have really puffy nipples.

I am currently at university and can not afford surgery, i have tried all different methods to reduce the severity of the puffiness... Compression vest, New skin, Preparation H etc...

I live in England and what i am wanting to know is; how can i get referred for surgery through the NHS?

i have been to see my local GP and he referred me the hospital on a 'Kids Ward' which was no help at all... they basically said it will go away in time, obviously i know that is not the case. However this was about 3 year ago.

What will help me get referred? should i go down the emotional route.. got bullied, very depressed, getting a lot pain etc... i am getting non of the above, gynecomastia for me is just a hindrance on my body especially when i am trying to get in good shape...

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024