Author Topic: My glandular tissue is lumpy/marbled...is this harder to remove?  (Read 3781 times)

Offline TheOregonKid

• Posting Member
My glandular tissue, based on touch is not like the  round, homogeneous lumps I see removed from most gyno patients in pictures.  It feels lumpy, like hard cottage cheese and surrounds my nipple like a donut with the area directly beneath the nipple seeming almost hollow.  The gyno tissue extends approximately 1 1/2 inches in each direction from the aeriola.  Has anyone had this type of tissue operated on?  Is it harder to remove?  Have any of you suffered from having not all of the tissue not being completely excised because it wasn't completely homogeneous?
“Whoever despises himself still esteems the despiser within himself” -Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
The real facts are that no-one can tell (including the doctor), simply by feel, as to what you have under the skin.  Gyne can take many forms -- that is the rule, not the exception.  What you have described is no different.

Any experienced gyne surgeon will have no difficulty in treating you.

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline absec9

• Posting Member
Mine is like this too.  I am going to see my surgeon on the 29th..so i'll try to update you if i remember!

DeeDubStyle619

Mine is also the same. I think its fairly common.

Offline Dr. Cruise

• Supporting Doctors
  • Gold Member
  • Dr. Cruise
    • http://lagynecomastia.org/
Your situation is not the exception, rather it is the norm. Gynecomastia tissue is rarely homogeneous. Typically it is composed of a mix of fatty tissue, glandular tissue, and fibrous tissue. The ratio of these may be different, but all three are usually present.
Dr. Cruise
Board Certified Plastic Surgeon
2081 San Joaquin Hills Road
Newport Beach, CA 92660
949-644-4808
Before and After Pictures
Types of Gynecomastia

Offline Squish33

• Posting Member
oh man your case sounds EXACTLY like mine. Couldn't have explained it better. I seen my surgeon today. He said JUST lipo would be the best solution.

Offline Raider Fan

• Gold Member
I thought mine was only under the nipple/areola, but I was feeling around last night and I felt a fairly big hard lump about an inch to the left of that area.  I've had a mammogram and sonogram and gyne was diagnosed. 

Do guys with gyne describe their tissue as a lump or mass? Is it typically hard or softer? 

Mine is also very painful, and after feeling around on it last night, the entire left breast is even more sore today. 

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024