Author Topic: Nipples  (Read 10309 times)

rrr

Having been diagnosed with gynecomastia (Tanner stage 3) for over a year now, I have noticed I tend to look at men's chests (as well as hot women's chests). I guess it's an effort to see that I am not alone in my area.
So far, 99% of excess chest on men is because they are fat. I have seen a couple that may have been because they were previously fat.
Overall, I have not seen another male with gynecomastia where their nipples are poking through their clothes like a female. I have also never seen a man wearing a bra.
Are erect nipples part of all or most gyno, or is it more unusual?
Y'all here talk like gyno is really common - are you including pseudo gyno? Is it just my area where there are there no other guys with gyno? Do they all hide in their houses or wear multiple layers?
And yes, if the primary cause of enlarged breasts on a man is from fat, it is pseudo, period - whether or not being overweight ends up causing some tissue growth. IMNSHO
I recently saw a man with 6 moobs - 2 in front, one from each shoulder blade area, and one from each kidney area. HUGE. It is not gyno, no matter what size bra would fit him.
Bummed and the usual $0.02

Offline Dubs

• Posting Member
I agree it is hard not to focus on what is on your chest, but at some point in time you need to realize that it is who you are.  At age thirteen I felt little buds that continued to grow and now I am a DD+ I do hide it now under a sports bra, but I found a wonderful wife who said she likes how I look with it on.  I feel like I am caught in the middle as I notice a lot of older guys that are okay with how they are and have accepted it and then younger guys who are still deciding who they are.  I am 41 and I think I ignored it for years until they started getting sore so I went for a little support, I do worry about people finding out that I am wearing a bra, but the sports bra flattens and makes me look like they are muscles (as Garfield the cat said "you didn't know you could flex fat") I wear it, but I also don't have a tattoo on my forehead saying that I do.  As far as nipples everyone has them if you do wear more layers they don't show through.  Most importantly be happy with who you are, because there are many others like you. 
They are there, but you have a choice as to how it affects you.

Offline TigerPaws

Well you are wrong about the fat issue, I am 5' 8" 165 and I am a 38DD with very protruding nipples. Male breast development is for the most part a hormone issue and or a genetic predisposition to develop breasts. Yes Aptos fat can increase the size of an obese man, just as it can in a woman.

It is the source of the hormone imbalance which is at issue, as I said sometimes it is genetic, other times and more likely it is caused by medications, sometimes both. It all depends.

Male breasts are for the most part a physiological issue not a threat to a man’s physical health. Everyone develops differently and for different reasons, but there is always a reason.

I am bigger and more pronounced that most, yet I (and many others) have learned to thrive without issue. Yes in most social encounters I wear a compression sports bra and the proper attire to provide concealment but that is not for my comfort but for others who are less enlightened towards others.

I work with seriously disabled Veterans and most people do not take a second look at a man with a prostatic limb but a man with pronounced breasts, most people are very uncomfortable with this.

Offline Alchemist

• Gold Member
Hi Bummed,

Like many, I developed breasts in puberty.  In 9th grade I was 6' and 170 pounds, with C to D cup then and growing a little more by 22.  I gained the weight after having a broken back and was very restricted for 6 months.  SO being fat here and there, or having vast edema (85 pounds worth) doesn't cause these things.  It may make a little difference, a cup for fat and a cup for edema, but that came off again.  And leaves stretched skin in it's wake.
And I have had nipples that have protruded since 7th grade (the pit of hell for gynecomastia).
I spend 3-7 hours daily now on health issues and having breasts and  nipples isn't any of it.  I wear comfortable shirts that fit me, very soft and comfortable.  That the nipple stick out, so what, the breasts stick out, so what.  In the past year the number of people that even appeared to notice could be counted on the fingers of one hand.  The number that said or did anything is zero.
What I don't get are the fat-shaming cart stares at the supermarket.  I'm  6' 200 pounds with a very mesomorphic body shape except for the breasts and some left over stretched tissue at my belt line.  I am very glad not to have any spare tires around the middle.

rrr

Yes in most social encounters I wear a compression sports bra and the proper attire to provide concealment 

Given your ample size, how on earth do you conceal them? I understand you can do it during the winter or in good air conditioning, but what about summer, outdoors, with heat and humidity?
I work mostly where there is no air conditioning, and my car doesn't have it either, so Midwest summers can already be pretty oppressive - let alone trying to wear layers.
I'm currently fighting the medical profession over another issue related to heat. I have veinous insufficiency, and the medical "professionals" are trying to tell me the "cure" is full length compression stockings or pantyhose. I want to see one of those bozos be in those thermal equivalents from 5 AM to 9 PM on a day when the heat index is over 100 degrees and  they have NO access to air conditioning. 
I don't see how a doctor can prescribe heat stroke as a cure for veinous insufficiency...
A male bozo btw, as females can get away with it easier by wearing skirts, dresses, or shorts paired with sandals.

Offline TigerPaws

Yes in most social encounters I wear a compression sports bra and the proper attire to provide concealment

Given your ample size, how on earth do you conceal them? I understand you can do it during the winter or in good air conditioning, but what about summer, outdoors, with heat and humidity?
I work mostly where there is no air conditioning, and my car doesn't have it either, so Midwest summers can already be pretty oppressive - let alone trying to wear layers.
I'm currently fighting the medical profession over another issue related to heat. I have veinous insufficiency, and the medical "professionals" are trying to tell me the "cure" is full length compression stockings or pantyhose. I want to see one of those bozos be in those thermal equivalents from 5 AM to 9 PM on a day when the heat index is over 100 degrees and  they have NO access to air conditioning.
I don't see how a doctor can prescribe heat stroke as a cure for veinous insufficiency...
A male bozo btw, as females can get away with it easier by wearing skirts, dresses, or shorts paired with sandals.
My suggestion is to move and change what you do for a living, my father had sever varicose vanes in his legs and even though he did his best with compression knee high socks. Eventually a blood clot broke loose and killed him at 60.

I live in a very hot and humid environment and I am still able to conceal when necessary.

Again you may need to change you location and what you do for a living.  

hammer

Bummed, I wear support hose, thigh high type and it gets hot here with high humidity in MN, in fact I've been welding the past week customizing the front of our new camper with 70 plus temps while wearing the support hose and long pant to protect them, and you do get used to them!

I had the same feeling about them as you do at one time, but there are times just like right now it's 6am and I didn't put them on and my legs are hurting! I have no plans to do anything but make a batch of beef jurkey today so I didn't put them on, however  next time I get up, I'm putting them on because they make my legs feel tons better and anything that you said about them is worth the trade of feeling better!

I know I went on and on here but I hope you give them a try. If you need them, they do what they are meant to do!

I still feel weird putting them on sometimes even though it says "men's support hose" on the box, but that's my problem, I'm getting better and even wearing them with shorts now!

Bob

rrr

TigerPaws Said:

My suggestion is to move and change what you do for a living, 

Nice if you can afford it.

TigerPaws Said:

I live in a very hot and humid environment and I am still able to conceal when necessary. 

I was kinda wanting to know *how* as you had already said you could.
Bob said:

Bummed, I wear support hose, thigh high type and it gets hot here with high humidity in MN, in fact I've been welding the past week customizing the front of our new camper with 70 plus temps while wearing the support hose and long pant to protect them, and you do get used to them!

70s are not heat index over 100. How can you wear them when temps and humidity are both over 80 or 90 while wearing long pants and not having air conditioning?
Bummed

hammer

We do get temp of 90 plus with humidity 70% plus  and very high dew points! You just got to put your big boy pants on and do what you got to do for your health!

It's like those of us that served in the military had to wear very hot uniforms, carry heavy gear in very hot conditions! You do what you have to do when you have to do it!

Learn to be a Survivor not a whiner!

rrr

Hammer said:

It's like those of us that served in the military had to wear very hot uniforms, carry heavy gear in very hot conditions! You do what you have to do when you have to do it!

Learn to be a Survivor not a whiner!

Dude, I did my time in NBC gear, temps over 100 and below -60. Those were short lived and had a known endpoint. They also did not involve 16 hours per day, every day.
And, it's not like there aren't options. I am a good candidate for vascular surgery - which is fast, relatively painless, and is an actual cure - not a bandaid like compression hosiery. 
The doctor said it's "conservative treatment" which basically means he doesn't need to deal with the insurance company about surgery. I fail to understand why someone must fight so hard to get the best treatment.
Will I care about a couple of 1/4" long incision scars? Hell no, why would anyone ever notice? 
Now if I was obese, had high blood pressure, diabetes, cholesterol issues, or was pregnant, surgery would not have the success rate that would make it worth it, because it would just recur.
Bummed

Offline TigerPaws

Bummed,

If the heat is an issue then the answer is to move, if money is an issue, save it. Get rid of the cell phone, turn off the cable TV, stop going out to dinner, take a can of soup for lunch. Cut expenses = saving and then begin to look for something where the weather is more suited to your liking.

As for concealment, as I said when necessary I wear a compression sports bra (Champion), then I wear a loose fitting dual pocket dress shirt and a suit or a sports jacket. Here in the central Caribbean I wear a linen sports jacket.

Polo and "T" shirts are a thing of the past. Adapt and overcome.

rrr

TigerPaws,
You speak like it is all so easy - and cheap. It is FAR cheaper to pay for surgery than it is to move.
As for polos and Ts, I beg to differ - those 2 and sweat shirts are still very, very, very common. It is VERY rare to see someone on their free time wearing a button shirt, and I have never seen anyone wearing a jacket of any type when the heat index is over 90.
Bummed

Offline TigerPaws

TigerPaws,
You speak like it is all so easy - and cheap. It is FAR cheaper to pay for surgery than it is to move.
As for polos and Ts, I beg to differ - those 2 and sweat shirts are still very, very, very common. It is VERY rare to see someone on their free time wearing a button shirt, and I have never seen anyone wearing a jacket of any type when the heat index is over 90.
Bummed
In the circles I travel and socialize in, sweatshirts  and "T's" are unheard of except in an exercise room/environment. As for a button down shirt and sports jacket, that is considered proper attire for any and every social occasion.

Few things in life are cheap, that is why people cut costs and save so they can afford to do or have something. Most people are unwilling to make the necessary changes in their lifestyle and spending habits to provide the savings necessary to do what they need to and or want to in life.

If you are unhappy where you are then make the necessary changes in your spending and save in order to make a changes that you believe are necessary.

Surgery is your decision, but know that a cosmetic surgical procedure will not solve whatever issues you have or perceive that you have. Only you can do that.

rrr

TigerPaws said:

Surgery is your decision, but know that a cosmetic surgical procedure will not solve whatever issues you have or perceive that you have. Only you can do that.

I see there has been some confusion. The heat issue is regarding compression hosiery (thermals) for veinous insufficiency, and that is what I would prefer to have surgery for.
The boob issue currently has surgery off the table because of the risks and possible Frankenstein results.
Vein ablation via any of the modern methods is virtually risk free, and would at most leave a 1/4" scar on each leg.
As for Ts vs button up, I know the type of circles you move in, so yes, I can see your typical crowd wearing such things commonly. The folks around here are not like the folks around there.
Bummed

Offline TigerPaws

TigerPaws said:

I see there has been some confusion. The heat issue is regarding compression hosiery (thermals) for veinous insufficiency, and that is what I would prefer to have surgery for.
The boob issue currently has surgery off the table because of the risks and possible Frankenstein results.
Vein ablation via any of the modern methods is virtually risk free, and would at most leave a 1/4" scar on each leg.
As for Ts vs button up, I know the type of circles you move in, so yes, I can see your typical crowd wearing such things commonly. The folks around here are not like the folks around there.
Bummed
Then the answer is simple move to a cooler climate, one where wearing tights and leggings is more comfortable. Then change professions to something that will keep you from standing for long periods of time. The choices are risking a Deep Vain Thrombosis (DVT) event which could kill you or cause you to loose you leg, or make the necessary changes in your station in life to accommodate your medical issue.

I understand that varicose veins are (except in a few instances) a genetic condition but like anything else you have choices in managing it in order to minimize the risks to your health.

As with everything in life the choices are yours.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2016, 02:12:27 PM by TigerPaws »

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024