Author Topic: 2 weeks Since my surgery  (Read 2664 times)

Offline jimmy1234

• Posting Member
And so far so good. The only thing is the compression vest is driving me a little nuts. The doc sys to put it on really tight but the velcro seems to be getting worn out and unfastens and then loosens a liitle. How important is that to the complete success of the surgery?

Offline gettingrid

• Bronze Member
i just had mine so its driving me nuts too and its just been little more than a day....i think it depends on how swollen you are....if you are still swollen its better to keep it compression thing really tight so that the body does not replace the area suctioned with other stuff and you get the final result sooner. It also allows the fluid injected to be absorbed by the body and get it out of the area. THe timing really depends on the technique the surgeon used, open drainage versus closed stiches etc.

Ive been advised to keep it tight till at least 1 wk and then depending on the status decide on the tightness after that. But in general have to wear it for 4 weeks non stop except for shower and then for 2 weeks at least during the night.

Offline jimmy1234

• Posting Member
yeah i can't even shower right now. i think he said 6 weeks. man that's going to drive me nuts. oh well.i'll see him again on friday and see what he says

Offline gettingrid

• Bronze Member
btw....i bought this compression vest recently at 2 weeks post op....worked better for me than the binder with velcro.

http://www.underworks.com/990.html

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024