Author Topic: Before and after pics from NHS Operation - Dissapointed and scared.  (Read 5191 times)

Offline rage.against.the.machine

• Bronze Member
Man you should have seen how big I my chest got a couple days after surgery- soooo swollen, and painful (bigger than before).  Allow your body to heal, and good luck.

Offline thetodd

Im not going to dwell on the past, the doctor has messed up there. But youve got the cover of the NHS mate (and it is worth alot, seriously). They will do all they can in the way of revisions/therapy to fix this doctors darn up. Get away from the suicide thing ... this isnt going to be unfixable

Youve had a massive trauma to your chest (clot included). Give it some time to settle but in the meantime be reffered to a seperate surgeon you need a second opinion on this one. Not that idiots one
Surgery With Alex Karidis - 16/05/09 - Completed!
http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=17738.0

Offline revrusty

• Posting Member
Hey man,
I had the surgery done (older guy here). I'm three months out and swelling continues to decrease. My doc said it would take a good year to get a true picture of my chest without the swelling. Hang in there man! Don't throw in the towel. You've taken the hardest step now give it time. I think you'll be much more pleased in three to six months.

Offline kingboob

I wish I could say I am surprised but I am not.  I just did a quick search for this guy ''Dr Achuthan'', and the only one I can find that fits the bill is  breast surgeon not a plastic surgeon....... so he has performed the type of operation he might use on women and crossed his fingers that it would work out for you too.

Obviously you know right now that your results are not going to be optimal. However on the bright side the scar will fade nicely around the nipple and because he has not removed too much tissue (causing cratering etc) there is still a chance to get it fixed up properly by a plastic surgeon experienced in MALE chest reductions.

Your nipples look larger than before which I assume is due to the swelling, which is probably what is causing them to be an odd shape as well....... that should fix itself with time.

Also the bleeding / haematoma after the operation is a risk of any surgery and although the cosmetic results are not good you cannot really blame the surgeon for the bleeding as it is just one of those things that can go wrong no matter who the surgeon is.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024