Author Topic: Does this part of surgery ever get discussed?  (Read 2389 times)

Offline Timmy31

• Posting Member
Hi guys.  Okay I know the answer to this should be obvious, but really I don't think I fully
understand how this works. When the surgery is done on someone with puffy nipples
after the gland and fat are taken out, wouldn't there be that excess skin around and
of the nipple? How is this taken care of. This is my biggest worry as puffy nipples is my
main conern.  I know the areola doesn't just shrink down after surgery.  And this is
comming from someone who is toned and just the excess fat in the chest area.

Offline Blue2

• Silver Member
The reason that the nipples are puffy is that the gland is pushing them out and stretching the skin covering them. Therefore when the gland is removed, the elasticity in the skin / nipple should pull the nipple inwards towards the chest and therefore flattening and reducing the size of the areloa.
Surgery: 18/03/08
Plastic surgeon: Alex Karidis

Offline lexuslexus

• Bronze Member
the nipple is rippled when its falt, but with the gland behind it it puffs it out and thus looks smooth like a dome.

had my puffy nips operated on 5 weeks ago, used to be oking out like an inche from my chest like little domes. now the left side is compeltely flat and the size of a 1p, while the other it still a little puffy and the size of a 2p (due to excess swelling on that side.)

Offline Timmy31

• Posting Member
Okay thanks guys. This eases my mind alot. I never thought about it that way.
Thankyou very much :)

Offline refu_gee

• Posting Member
Timmy: the previous posts are accurate.

you have to consider that everyone is different. it depends how much tissue you have under your nipple, your age, your skin condition and elasticity and some other factors such as nutrition play a role as well.

the healing process is very crucial. your mineral, vitamin and protein uptake during the healing process must be very well regulated for optimum results.
if you smoke/drink/do drugs, you must stop at least 4 weeks before surgery, and at least 6 weeks after surgery. otherwise you should ask yourself some other questions such as why poison your body and soul and wonder about feeling crappy about yourself.

there is a good chance that there might be a small fold in the nipple after surgery, usually right over the nipple or between the nipple and the areola. but it's not really noticeable (unlike puffy nipples!). with early treatment, scars will be barely visible.

good luck buddy

Offline Timmy31

• Posting Member
Thanks refugee for the tips. Im not sure what you mean by small folds though?

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024