Author Topic: Had vaser done, still have gyno?  (Read 1502 times)

Offline Abe3

About 3 weeks ago, I had the Vaser done for Gyno. It was done on both sides and almost no scarring. I've healed up, no more swelling pain or anything. On one side everything looks absolutely perfect. Theres is nothing behind the nipple and it is shaped perfectly. On the other side, the nipple looks exactly as puffy as it did before surgery, even more noticeable now that the fat is gone. Im not sure how to go about this, I feel devastated. It took me over a year to save up for the surgery and now It feels like it all went to waste. What frustrates me the most is that I spoke to my doctor about this possibly happening.

I had researched a ton before the surgery and learned that in order to achieve best results you must have an excision of the glands as well. On my surgery description it stated "vaser and possible excision". So I scheduled another pre op appointed to discuss this with my doctor. I told him about all of my research and asked when why is it just possible rather than a sure thing and he told me that the tissue under there is all different kinds of glandular and fat tissue and that the vaser does the best job at removing them, if for somereason it doesn't get rid of it all and theres stubborn tissue that the vaser wont remove he will make a cut and cut the tissue out. he never cut it out and im stuck with more gyno. 

Im not trying to blame the doctor, but im not sure what to do from here. I see him again in a month. If a revission is needed to cut the gland out, is he going to charge me a ton for the hospital fees?  :(

Offline zm

• Silver Member
Hi mate, welcome.
As far as i know, vaser will NOT get rid of glandular tissue. If that was the case, none of us would be having incision.  How much experience has you surgeon had?

if do have fibrous tissue, then it sounds like you would need incision.

The other thing to bear in mind is that, there is no way you would have healed within 3 weeks. from all the reading i have done, 3 weeks is like the peak time for scar tissue to form and will take a lot longer for any puffyness to subside.

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Vaser is a good technology -- for fat removal.  It has no effect on gland tissue.

Many docs push Vaser because it is being hyped, it is "cutting edge technology," etc. 

Bottom line is that whether one uses Vaser or any other type of lipo, if there is solid tissue beneath the nipple, nothing but some type of surgical excision will remove it.  Period.

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024