Author Topic: Will tape mess up my chest  (Read 4292 times)

Offline Mothas

• Posting Member
I'm having a consultation with a surgeon in 3 weeks but until then i'm using clear scotch tape to cover my nipples. Its already been a week but last night i noticed something weird . This was the 2nd day i've used the scotch tape as before that i was using this black tape. The scotch tape when i applied it to tightly squeezed my skin and left welts on my chest where it caught my skin.The first day it did not happen and was working better then the black tape . Should i continue doing this. I've only started using tape because I've got away with my gynecomastia for 5 years without notice but the last 2 weeks after i scheduled my appointment everyone at school started noticing i had boobs.I've had gossip go around about me about other things so i'm use to it but this is the tip of the iceberg.

Offline shaknbake

• Gold Member
I would imagine the adhesive from the tape would irritate your skin pretty quickly when applied, then re applied several days in a row.  I heard of another post about a guy that used liquid bandage on his nipples with great success.  He said it kept them at a somewhat normal state, or at least far less noticeable when he wore a shirt.  Some guys couldn't get it to work, but others could.  I don't know if this would have the same effect though as what you are experiencing now.  Your in a tough spot, I hope this was able to help a little bit!

I found the link here for you.

www.gynecomastia.org/smf/9/the-cheapest-solution-please-read!!!!!/
Shakenbake baby, SHAKE N BAKE!!  Ya, that just happened.

Offline Chicago

• Silver Member
I seem to remember some threads here by the docs stating that using tape can cause long term scarring. I'd just ride it out. better than getting the surgery and having extra scars.

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
The chronic use of tape of any kind is not a good idea.  The adhesive tends to irritate the skin.  Then, depending on your ethnicity and skin pigmentation, you may be left with hyper-pigmentation, which may last a long time.

Better to wait til you have the surgery and avoid using tape.  Perhaps consider a really snug compression garment in the meanwhile.

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline zjbi87

Dude i had to laugh when i read scotch tape lol but I've been there. I've tried all kinds.  Finally i found what works best. I use the like medical bandage tape that's in a roll. Its like a cloth kinda material and it works awesome. It stays on super good and doesn't irritate me at all. I change it about once in 3 days and i don't even really need to i just do. It only irritates me when i take it off because its super strong so you have to do It gently. Give it a try it works great

Offline Sirmacb

Taping down my nipples has been part of my daily routine for probly 13 years now and the wheps you spoke of only occur for me if I dont change it every day butit usually goes away over night... This is wierd to find out today after so long that im not the only person who has had to do this ....but no longer after finding this site ive been inspired and have already taken the first steps to getting this wieght off my chest literally!

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024