Author Topic: Post surgery puffy nipples after workout plus massage question  (Read 2245 times)

Offline wj74

• Posting Member
Hi All,

I thought I would start a new thread, oddly I can't find information specific to my situation. 

I am 7 weeks post op, and the first 4 weeks everything was perfect - other then a mild drainage needed on both sides, 14 cc's total at week 2 (my fault - aggressive vestless sex lol).  I returned to the gym at the end of week 4 and immediately my nipples swelled - not as bad as pre-op, I can still wear fitted shirts, not like before surgery.  But going shirtless at this point is not an option. I am also experiencing slight pain or burning sensations under the armpits around to the areola, all under the skin.

I have been wearing my vest and icing the area at night, and this seems to have helped.  My questions are:

1.  Any immediate concerns? I can recognize a hematoma and this isn't that.

2.  Should I stop working out? I am fairly fit, the gym is my hobby(recently separated from my spouse)

3. Should I be massaging the area?  I don't feel anything under the areola that would indicate scar tissue formation to me.  And half the people on these forums say massaging causes more damage - is this true?

4.  What can I do to correct this issue?

I know my surgeon did a great job, things were amazing until I hit the weights again.  I'm hoping this is just some residual swelling from working out.  I should mention too that upon removal of my vest, it takes a while for the puffiness to occur.  Anywhere from 30 minutes to a couple of hours. 

Last week the nurse at the PS's office said this was normal for gym types, it will go away and I should massage the area, I haven't had a chance to speak to the doctor yet.

I appreciate any insights, and i realize any comments will be general in nature.  Thanks in advance.

Offline wj74

• Posting Member
I forgot to mention my entire pectoral is swollen, giving the illusion of a really large defined pec.  Well, I think they are swollen, but when I flex my pecs they get rock hard.  So I'm confused.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024