Author Topic: Should I get gyno surgery at 17?  (Read 3331 times)

Offline User2015

i turned 17 last month and have suffering from gyno (puffy nipples) for around 2-3 years I would estimate. In January I started to lose some weight and start bodybuilding. I wasn't super fat just a little chubby so I ended up losing around 25lbs, and got down to about 10%. My nipples looked different than people's online. So I googled what was happening and gynocomastia came up. There was a test online to see if you have it, to pinch around the nipple area. I felt a gland like mass. On both nipples. I was devestated. Even in the mirror you can see the outline of it, because I'm fairly lean. I recently started to increase my caloric intake to build more muscle. So I'm bulking. I want to have surgery, in January when I'm 17 and a half, if not sooner. It's really messing with me, I can't wear any type of shirt I want because my nipples poke through the shirt. The only way I can hide it, is wearing either big shirts or sweatshirts. It sucks because I bust my butt of in the gym every day, and can't even show anyone my progress. Should I get the surgery?

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
I have heard stories such as yours for many years.  Unfortunately, if you have had puffy nipples for 2-3 years, they are there to stay -- and your chest may look even worse due to the added muscle bulk of your pecs only to have puffy nipples ruin the contour.

Surgery for puffy nipples should be done by an expert gyne surgeon -- it is tricky surgery.  Too much removed and it forms a crater; not enough and you still have puffy nipples.

Recommend you speak to your parents and find a gyne expert in your area -- or consider traveling for one.

Best of luck to you and keep up the exercise!!

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024